Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe - FM Radio Reception SUDDENLY stinks

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2013, 7:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe - FM Radio Reception SUDDENLY stinks

Can't seem to figure this one out......recently, my FM reception on the radio has gone downhill BIG time. This really stinks cause with the Bose Stereo, static sucks! The AM reception is fine. Recently had to replace the daytime running lights - but not certain the radio started to get crappy at that time.

I thought the antenna was in the windshield, but if anyone can offer any advice, I would GREATLY appreciate it
Old September 11th, 2013, 9:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

atincher,

Sorry to hear this, if you do not find your answer on here and would like your GM dealership to look into this, please let me know. You can reach out via private message.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The antenna for the new body style is in the passenger side rear glass. Your problem sounds like a possible antenna connection problem.
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

The antenna for the new body style is in the passenger side rear glass. Your problem sounds like a possible antenna connection problem.
+1 on that, if you have kids sitting in the back or you regularly load up the back are with large or bulky items check to make sure the antenna connection has not been pulled or knocked loose and that the antenna mask has not be cut or scratched off...
Old September 17th, 2013, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default Well it isn't the connection on the back window

The connection in the rear cargo space (or where the 3rd row seat is), is fine. Now I am back to the drawing board. Any other suggestions??? Thanks in advance. It's making me

Originally Posted by in2pro
+1 on that, if you have kids sitting in the back or you regularly load up the back are with large or bulky items check to make sure the antenna connection has not been pulled or knocked loose and that the antenna mask has not be cut or scratched off...
Old September 17th, 2013, 7:35 AM
Administrator

Did any of the work with the DRL's involve getting into or under the dash?
if so (and even if not), it might be worth pulling the radio out to re-seat the antenna connection...
I don't know the routing of the cable but has anything changed or been removed or added to the interior of the vehicle that could have maybe pinched the cabling running under the carpeting?
Old September 17th, 2013, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

No we weren't into or under the dash at all, just under the hood and front wheel wells and grill area. Dumb question warning.....is there a fuse or anything?? (stop laughing ). I'll have to watch a YouTube video how to re-seat the antenna connection - it's cheaper for me to do that then dare take it to the dealer....

Originally Posted by in2pro
Did any of the work with the DRL's involve getting into or under the dash?
if so (and even if not), it might be worth pulling the radio out to re-seat the antenna connection...
I don't know the routing of the cable but has anything changed or been removed or added to the interior of the vehicle that could have maybe pinched the cabling running under the carpeting?
Old September 17th, 2013, 7:47 AM
Administrator

I don't think there is a fuse for the signal, and any fuses that would be out would also affect the radio turning on... BUT that is not something to rule out...
Its free to check all the fuses, as its plausible that the antenna passes through a powered signal booster or some other powered device so YES check fuses..

Youtube likely has video of how to remove the radio, with a little patience, a novice I think can do it....
As for the dealership, its hit or miss, depends on how they approach it and how motivated the tech is to troubleshoot and resolve. they may just offer up to replace the radio as the only option (but that should not be ruled out either)
Old October 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Ok, so HERE I still am, with the same crappy radio reception and no ideas as to why. But NOW the plot has thickened. NOW, (and not all the time but some), when I turn the truck on, I get NO radio whatsoever, AND also, no SOUND when the turn signals are used. The turn signals WORK, but no sound. This is sporadic, as it's not everytime, but no idea when I start the truck if the radio WILL go on or not (no clock either which we ALL know is in the radio).

Now, any new insight my fellow Chevy fans? TIA
Old December 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Bump

I am having the exact same issue with my Tahoe. No work has been done to mine and about a month ago the reception on the FM side has dropped significantly. Many towns I cannot get any radio stations to load at all.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe - FM Radio Reception SUDDENLY stinks