Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I will be emailing both of you in just a few minutes to get the "ball rolling" for you. robsieb, I would also like to contact you as well for this issue. If any of the three of you would like to contact the Customer Assistance Center on your own the phone number is 1-800-222-1020. I'll be speaking with all of you shortly.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Jeff - You can get in touch with me at robsieb@yahoo.com. Very much appreciated.
Old September 10th, 2010, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

I will be emailing both of you in just a few minutes to get the "ball rolling" for you. robsieb, I would also like to contact you as well for this issue. If any of the three of you would like to contact the Customer Assistance Center on your own the phone number is 1-800-222-1020. I'll be speaking with all of you shortly.

Have not received an e-mail from Jeff yet and it has been two days.
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

jharv and Disappointed, have either of you contacted our Customer Assistance Center yet about this issue? If not then If you would like I can setup cases for the both of you to get this issue resolved. You can private message me your information and I will take care of it from there.

Hey Jeff, I also have the same crack in the dashboard mentioned in the other posts. I bought mine used about two weeks ago and noticed one before I bought it but the other I did not. Please let me know if there is any resolution for this problem. My email is dukeotx@yahoo.com. Thank you for your help.
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Add my name to the list of cracked dashboards. Same place as everybody else on this forum. Im new here but not new the the GM product. The wife had an Envoy before this and we seemed to have a fair amount of problems with the interior on it as well. Pretty disapointed because on both vehichles dealer told us tough not our problem.
Old September 15th, 2010, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

The more I have thought about this and the more I look at my dash board the more angry I get. So I contacted the Chevy 1800 number they said sorry for your luck, contacted my dealer again and they claim they have NEVER heard of this happening and they are so sorry, emailed Jeff Morris to see if he could help and I have not heard back from him. I can’t believe that in this expensive of a vehicle this would occur without any abuse or neglect. GM needs to step up to the plate on this issue, it is ridiculous!! Anybody have any ideas or solutions?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old September 16th, 2010, 1:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ralpmath, I sent you an e-mail this morning simply looking for some more information to get a case setup for you. I will check my inboxes for your reply.

Old September 16th, 2010, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

I own a 2007 Tahoe LS with the same exact size cracked dashboard and at the same location!!!!!???!!!!!!WTF!!!!!
Old September 16th, 2010, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down

jharv and Disappointed, have either of you contacted our Customer Assistance Center yet about this issue? If not then If you would like I can setup cases for the both of you to get this issue resolved. You can private message me your information and I will take care of it from there.

Jeff forwarded my case to customer service, they contacted the dealership where I purchased the tahoe. The dealership said that they did not want to fix it so chevrolet said tough luck. They admitted that this was a very common problem and lots of people had this issue (came from two different reps). It seems chevrolet would step in and cover the cost if they know this is a design flaw. They told me they look at this issue on a case by case basis so maybe any one else with the cracks will have more luck than I did.
Old September 21st, 2010, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Suburban dash

Cracked dash at air bag. Can this be dangerous?
Old September 21st, 2010, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Just got off the phone with GM rep Fank and was told that because I bought the vehicle used they would not cover it. So what he is saying is that as long as you buy a new vehicle from GM they will stand behind it but if it is not new then it is not there problem. I just cant believe that they are ok with that being a faulty dash.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????