Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2014, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try and get some pictures up this evening.
Old February 16th, 2014, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-photo-2.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-photo-1.jpg  
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks remarkably like everyone elses dash.

Ill summarize the response you will get from GM :

1. A sales rep trolling the forums will set up a dealer visit for you. Hopefully free (other than your wasted time) but my dealer wanted to charge $90 fee to inspect, until I complained about it then they backed down.

2. your dealer will "inspect" it. My service manager (Carl Black GMC, Roswell, GA) never even got out of his chair to look at it. He offered to replace it for $400-$500. I said no thanks.

Good luck. You will see how difficult GM customer service is. They leave the decision up to whatever dealership you decide to take it to. Mine told me that I hadnt done enough business with them to get a defect like this taken care of. I all but told him to f#ck off and left. Same goes for GM in general, I wont buy another 1 ever.

Hope your spin on the wheel of GM customer misservice goes better.
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

That was quick. Just received a call from my dealer asking me to bring it in. Service manager was polite and sincere on the phone. Said he would help me out as much as possible, but we'll see. Also said he has seen a few of these cracks before. I know it's a long shot, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:27 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BMD2324
That was quick. Just received a call from my dealer asking me to bring it in. Service manager was polite and sincere on the phone. Said he would help me out as much as possible, but we'll see. Also said he has seen a few of these cracks before. I know it's a long shot, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Be aware that some have stated in the forum that dealerships have denied claims because Armor-all was applied to the dash and it was the Armor-all that caused the cracks... I'm not saying this is fact, just saying that it has be brought up in discussions...

Last edited by in2pro; February 18th, 2014 at 2:55 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Old February 18th, 2014, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Just got off the phone with the service manager. GM is going to cover $600 of the repair, and I'm left with the other $200. Was hoping for the $100 deductiable, but $200 isn't too bad. I'll drop my truck off Tuesday for the repair.
Old February 18th, 2014, 2:39 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Glad to hear they are working with you, see if you can get some pictures of the process if they let you...
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

I have to agree with gruvinparts. I was up front with Chevy customer service on this forum. From the beginning I told the year and mileage of suburban. Erica even called me. From day one I told her this was a Chevrolet problem not the dealer. The dealer in most cases doesn't want to bother with it and rightfully so, unless Chevrolet is going to reimburse them. I spoke with my service mgr just to go through the game. Amber from CSS I guess was working with Erica and they called Tom Benson Chevy. Amber stated in writing on email Chevrolet would cover 50%. I even offered them an easy out of just giving me the part 50% off cost so it was cheaper for both parties. Part only cost Chevy $298.(dealer cost) Service stated he would doit once he got the authorization codes from Chevy. Theres the run around. Chevy wants the dealer to take of there defects. So I advised Erica of this and they sent me back there was a mis communication and cannolonger off 50%. WHAT! They recanted their offer. I am trying to copy paste whole conversation. hoping soon. Now they won't even respond to me. Good job Chevy customer service.
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

As many people as there are this forum, obviously enough to have Chevrolet customer service on here, our best way to get them to listen is with our money. Personally I have 2 cars with over 150,000 miles, a teenager who will drive in a year and a 12 year old. Thats potenially 3 to 4 cars in the next 4-5 years or 80,000-100,000 dollars. That hurts, all because Chevy doesnt want to pay $150 for a part i will install. Also how many of us work for companies with fleet vehicles ? At the beginning of last year my department ordered 100 Tahoes. Now we are ordering Explorers.All it takes is one voice or opinion about a product to sway a purchasing committee. Thats 2,000,000 just this year that Chevy isnt going to get from my department. $150 to Chevy versus losing $2,000,000. Wow. How many others on this forum are involved in purchasing or body shops. No chevy dealer will get our body work. I will send to independants.
ARE YOU LISTENING CHEVROLET CUSTOMER SERVICE !
EVEN IF YOU MAKE A OFFER IN WRITING BY MISTAKE , YOU HONOR IT.
$150.00
Old February 22nd, 2014, 7:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They just dont understand the power of social media like this forum.

This is no longer the old days when there was no voice for this sort of thing. Huge defects like this will be in the spot light for a long, long time and will cause millions in lost revenue if not dealt with properly.

By the same token, taking care of customers and DOING THE RIGHT THING will result in positive discussions and increased sales. Im not unhappy about the fact that the car has a defect. I get that. I have designed and built thousands of parts as a mechanical engineer, some of them were wrong. But I always stood by my mistakes and made things right. Ive never lost sight of the fact that without a customer, it doesnt matter how good your products are.

GM has missed this lesson entirely. They have hired a team of media trolls to police the forums and facebook and merely run around customers in hopes we somehow forget about the split dashes and non functioning door looks in our GM products. You know what GM, it would be smarter, cheaper, and vastly more profitable if you just fixed the damn issues for the customers requesting fixes so we can all move on. And do it in a clear, concise manner. Put on your big boy pants and HANDLE THIS.

The GM service here (and on all social media) is a facade and we can all see through it. We bought $50k vehicles, we're probably highly educated and successful people you know ...

FIX THIS ISSUE.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????