Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 TAHOE PROBLEMS POST THEM HERE!

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2006, 11:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 TAHOE PROBLEMS POST THEM HERE!

Hi,
I have had my 2007 tahoe for 3 weeks. It was built in Feb 06 and was a program vehicle with 5k miles. I know this is the first year for the new model and there have been a few issues. I would like to know what problems everyone has experienced either mechanically or cosmetically.

So far my problems have been minor. The rear window trim is getting replaced. The hockey stick looking piece that doesnt stay down!

The only other problem that seems to be a big flaw in design is the cig ligher covers. They were all broken off when I got the tahoe so those are getting replaced as well. That is about all I have had issues with. I personally love the tahoe, the ride is great. I do believe the engine has a few weak spots through the gears at certain RMP's. I also was driving a modded out hemi! SOrry chevy guys, the hemi is the best overall gas engine I have driven. I will be buying the new Dodge Challenger when it is introduced in 2008, have you seen it? It is awesome, old school beefy car! Yes, i will be keeping the tahoe too. Or I will have a new tahoe by then!
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TAHOE PROBLEMS POST THEM HERE!

I've had a couple of very minor issues, but my 07 is worlds better than the 2004 Nissan Armada I traded out of.

My only issues have been a door rattle (I fixed myself) and the window trim. So far, so good! [8D]
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Started to notice the right rear window trim on ours. AC adapter covers... ours are still there, but I did notice the design on the doors for them is real poor. Only a matter of time before they break off. Agree on the engine "weak spots", but for family use (two kids), it's more than sufficient. We didn't buy it for a "performance SUV".

I think you're talking about the Challenger. The Charger is already out.
When the Challenger comes out, I'll drive it.... but for now, the looks have me sold!
Old October 11th, 2006, 2:52 AM
CF Junior Member

I had my rear window trim replaced, 1 back up sensor replaced, and I have to have my on-star looked at as I can't get calls in my truck, but other than that I absolutely love my Tahoe!
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have your dealer reference Document ID# 1848870 / #PIC4140 for the repair on your inability to receive incoming calls on your OnStar hands free calling system.
Old October 11th, 2006, 1:19 PM
CF Addict

bjaber,

Challenger! Yes, I dont know what i was thinking!

I love my Tahoe also. I was just wondering if there were any other consistent problems I should be looking at on my tahoe! Thanks for the replies.
Old October 11th, 2006, 4:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Way, way back in the day, before your time (August), someone asked the exact same question.

Here's 2 pages worth...........

https://chevroletforum.com/m_6510/tm.htm
Old October 11th, 2006, 6:36 PM
CF Addict

Thank you!
Old October 21st, 2006, 8:45 PM
CF Addict

Just a few additions.

Dents in the hood from the hydrolic shocks and someones strong fingers, ridiculous that the design is so poor fingers/hands could cause dents by just shutting it normal.

Front headlight casing are both getting fogged up. Turn your head lights on and look at the casing and see if you have the foggy look.

NOticed some major paint flaws on the from bumper.

Lastly, the right rear tail light is all jacked up, it isnt tight and is not aligned properly. I coudnt fix it, so it will have to go to the shop.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
CF Active Member

I noticed condensation in the top tail light. Anyone know if that cover easily comes off or is this a sealed unit?

Quick Reply: 2007 TAHOE PROBLEMS POST THEM HERE!