Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2008 LT 100k miles maintenance

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2013, 6:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LT 100k miles maintenance

Hrllo all, im new .. just bought my 1st Chevy on monday. Also, this would also be my first american made vehicle.
As of right now, i have approx. 93k miles, and it sounds quiet and runs smooth. I intend on keeping it that way. So with that said, i need you pros to heklp me oiut. @ 100k miles, what do i need to do? What should i look for? And what should i not touch
I went to dealer, thay said, doplugs, inector cleaner, and tranny flush!
I need to know, if you all did the same. Im skeptikal about that tranny flush!
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

93K miles is just a start, there's vehicles on this Forum that have run three times that distance, but that's with good maintenance.

Since you don't know what's been done to your ride, and if you want everything to be reliable, then you have to eventually get everything done.

What the Dealer told you is reasonable, specially about the Transmission Fluid change.

I don't know how well healed you are, but what I recommend is picking one project a month, and eventually do it all.

If you give me your VIN #, we can better direct you.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 16th, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 6:35 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

The owner's manual has a maintenance schedule.
Old March 17th, 2013, 4:48 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Also be mindful of maintenance items related to time not just miles... if you are at or near the 5 yr mark also consider doing belts hoses, thermostat and servicing the coolant...
Bleeding / flushing the brake fluid as well as the power steering fluid is an option...
Here is what I did with my 07 at 5yrs https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...tenance-54058/
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by swhouston
93k miles is just a start, there's vehicles on this forum that have run three times that distance, but that's with good maintenance.

Since you don't know what's been done to your ride, and if you want everything to be reliable, then you have to eventually get everything done.

What the dealer told you is reasonable, specially about the transmission fluid change.

I don't know how well healed you are, but what i recommend is picking one project a month, and eventually do it all.

If you give me your vin #, we can better direct you.
3GNFC160X8G210165
And as far as doing all that extra stuff, i dont find that to be a problem.. i might get it done this week.
As for oil, i guess ill stick to Valvoline MAX Life(red bottle) Unless anyone has any objections. And as for plugs , i dont know what brand but im guessing these AC delco should be fine Part Number: 41-110
Like i said, alot of this stuff im used to doing , but since you all are the pros, id rather use what you recommend rather than what worked for my Infiniti.!

Last edited by Romeo5k; March 18th, 2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Needed to add more info
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Romeo,

Thanks for the info, it may help if there's anything in question, we have it now.

You're probably going to get some variations on what Brand Part is better, but all in all, it will be in the right direction.

Most important things are, getting the major stuff looked at.
Lubrications, Belts, Electrical/Battery/Terminals checked/cleaned and Coolant changed out, anything else that will put you down quickly.

I KNOW where you're coming from. I hate to buy a used vehicle, given I'm such a fanatic on being sure I know things are done/ok. Like I said, there's only one way to be sure, and that's go through everything.

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
you all are the pros
True, several of us have Professional experience here on the Forum, but...
You need to consider all statements carefully, and it's up to you to make the final decision on anything recommended, and at what rate to apply that. Keep in mind that anyone can post a reply.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 18th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 4:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks SWHouston. If you still in the H, ya might see me out there next month, since i am moving back to the H.
Ive noticed a few things wrong from my new preowned.!
1. Drivers side/rear door, doesn't seem to respond to lock and unlock . Im guessing maybe regulator/motor of some sort.!
2. I was at a light, I thought i was tripping, so i turned a/c off. And i wanna say there was like a slight miss. its quick though. its misses for maybe 1 second if that, then runs back regular, , then it would do it again. And this is every time. I didn't check the consistency, but if i had to guess, i would say maybe once every 3-5 mins. And lasts from half a second to 1 second. - Hopefully this tune-up does the job.
3. I just bought a red top battery in December. I swapped it out for the Interstate that was in the burban. But for some reason, i look at the dash, it may be a lil over 14, and i could be cruising, not paying any mind, and it would suddenly drop to a lil over 12. Kinda scary, i would think it should be able to hold at 14 because im still stock everything! Also, is that oil meter supposed to move like that. In park, im showing a lil over 1/4 but when i accelerate, it picks up, is that normal?
*** As of yet, maintenance is yet to be done***
Old March 18th, 2013, 5:58 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

1. My 2007 did that on the rear psgr side door and it was a small module up underneath by the parking brake.

3. The GMT900 uses the computer to control the alternator voltage output. It's not unusual to see it anywhere from 11V to 15V. Personally I think it's a battery killer more than a gas saver.
Old March 19th, 2013, 2:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
Thanks SWHouston. If you still in the H, ya might see me out there next month, since i am moving back to the H.
Ive noticed a few things wrong from my new preowned.!
1. Drivers side/rear door, doesn't seem to respond to lock and unlock . Im guessing maybe regulator/motor of some sort.!
2. I was at a light, I thought i was tripping, so i turned a/c off. And i wanna say there was like a slight miss. its quick though. its misses for maybe 1 second if that, then runs back regular, , then it would do it again. And this is every time. I didn't check the consistency, but if i had to guess, i would say maybe once every 3-5 mins. And lasts from half a second to 1 second. - Hopefully this tune-up does the job.
3. I just bought a red top battery in December. I swapped it out for the Interstate that was in the burban. But for some reason, i look at the dash, it may be a lil over 14, and i could be cruising, not paying any mind, and it would suddenly drop to a lil over 12. Kinda scary, i would think it should be able to hold at 14 because im still stock everything! Also, is that oil meter supposed to move like that. In park, im showing a lil over 1/4 but when i accelerate, it picks up, is that normal?
*** As of yet, maintenance is yet to be done***
I've been here (in city) about 50 years now, but am considering moving out to the country (Liberty/Chambers County). Traffic/noise/occasional Gun Shots at a distance, gives me incentive.

1) There can be several reasons for an in-operative Lock. You might try giving it little push with your finger, while pressing the button. If it locks, that indicates a mechanical problem, lubricant/adjustment...simple. If it doesn't lock, then parts replacement is indicated.

2) Most times a general tune-up... Plugs, Air Filter, Clean Injectors will resolve that.

3) I'd say that was normal operation for voltage, but you're going to have to give me some actual numbers (lo/hi) before I can comment on the Oil Pressure.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 19th, 2013 at 2:41 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 3:05 PM
CF Junior Member

I can't remove the passenger side plugs
Which qay am I supposed to turn to loosen.?

Quick Reply: 2008 LT 100k miles maintenance