Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe LTZ front a/c controls not working

Old March 21st, 2013, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe LTZ front a/c controls not working

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here. This morning I remote started my Tahoe and when I got in and put the key in the ignition and started driving I noticed that my a/c controls were not working. The a/c display is black and none of the buttons controlling the a/c were working. The heat was blowing at full blast (the setting I had it on when previously in the car). Everything else electrically seemed to be working fine in the vehicle however I did not check the rear controls.

I turned off the vehicle and restarted it and still had the same issue.

Any suggestions of what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Old March 21st, 2013, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

OP Here: Well I went and checked if it was working now and it is was! Still kind of weird though, but everything seems to be working properly now.
Old March 21st, 2013, 9:13 AM
CF Active Member

The problem you are experiencing is probably tied to the remote start. As you know when you remote start the vehicle, all of the dash gauges and HVAC controls appear not to have power, as they do when the vehicle has the key in the ignition. However, when you put the key in the ignition and turn it on, everything should come to life.

If it continues, you may want to visit your dealer for a diagnosis. It may be software related.
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Jperki17,

I’m sorry you experienced this issue. “mulmur1” makes a great point. Please keep us posted if you experience this issue again.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions or concerns.

Louis
GM Customer Service