Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Navigation Unit w/XM NavTraffic GM Part Number

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2009, 6:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm heading into the dealership tomorrow as I see the 2009 are plentiful. Hopefully I can get the part number then.
Old February 10th, 2009, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update yet?
Old February 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Question looking for 3-d maping bluetooth and nav traffic module

Im new to this its cool, i have my truck in the shop now for 2 weeks.I have a 08 sierra denali,the only reason i didnt get my 3rd silverado is because this has over 400 hp,and we couldnt afford the ext.I bought a radio off ebay from a 09 tahoe ending part # 202, i took it to the chevy dealer to get it programmed to see if i could get nav traffic bluetooth and the 3-d mapping,but i learned they are modules but im not sure about the 3-d maps and buildings,now the dealer has messed something up and they get no sound from my truck,they put my radio in a 09 tahoe and it worked???????Any ideas thanks in advance,im also looking for a nav traffic and bluetooth module,does anyone know what that 4.0 update disc does different then the disc ending in #s 486
Old February 22nd, 2009, 2:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the full part number of the nav unit?
Old February 22nd, 2009, 8:59 PM
CF Active Member

If they are getting no sound out of the truck. Then your vehicle does not have the factory amp or you have a non lux amp and they have it programed for Y91 (lux) amp.
Check to see if your vehicle has RPO code UQA or UQ3.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default nav traffic, bluetooth,and no sound now

Radio is from a 09 hoe part # 25894202,thanks for the info
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Anybody have any luck making this work? Is it as simple as buying a new unit to get the XMTraffic? Or is it a software upgrade for the 07's?
Old February 24th, 2009, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Not yet its going for the 3rd week at the dealer still no sound,ive been told the radio doest have traffic,its a seperate module,My truck is a 08 with a 09 unit,so i wouldnt think its a upgade from a 07,thanks,i hope i get it back soon its acually been there for over three weeks,BUMMER..I will also bring those codes to the dealer that was entered above.It has a bose system.
Old February 27th, 2009, 3:42 AM
CF Beginner

hi i hava a 09 sierra denali that did not come with the nav option so i bought one at ebay for an 09 truck everthing works perfect exept that thers no xm traffic option and the navigation dose not work properly it works backwords you see the red triangle like if you where goning in reverse and thers also no voice dirrections and its not the radio because the nice guy that i bought it from changed it the first time to see if the radio was the problem but it stayed the same do any of you guys now what might be wrong about the nav and the xm traffic?
Old February 27th, 2009, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

I didnt know they came without?In the upper left corner of the screen there should be a square with a N in it,there are 3 settings,one setting is looking straight down(like a satelite view),the other mode looks like kind of behind and above view(kinda 3-d),You are on the *** backwards mode,im not sure why they do that,i like north to be up not down.You will need a 09 xm traffic module,i heard they are out there somewhere but im waiting as well...Not sure about your voice issue.If you take it to the dealer to get it programmed,make sure you get a rental,because i think its going to be a month since ive seen my truck,they really screwed up mine?????

Quick Reply: 2009 Navigation Unit w/XM NavTraffic GM Part Number