Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Rear AC controls too dim

Old August 15th, 2012, 4:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Rear AC controls too dim

As the title says... the rear ac control screen is too dim, before i go to the dealer and pay tons to fix it I wanted to know if there's anything I could do to fix it, The dimmer switch doesn't change anything! Ideas ??
Thanks
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hayderpro
As the title says... the rear ac control screen is too dim, before i go to the dealer and pay tons to fix it I wanted to know if there's anything I could do to fix it, The dimmer switch doesn't change anything! Ideas ??
Thanks
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Has it always been dim, or is this a recent occurrence? Do they brighten when the exterior lights are turned on? Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 18th, 2012, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, I had a previous tahoe and it wasn't like this, I purchased the car 6 days ago and it needs minor fixing... Dealer told me that they'll replace the thing but it'll cost me about a hundred bucks so I came here asking for advice