Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Suburban: Service Suspension Soon

Old November 8th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Suburban: Service Suspension Soon

I've read some other threads on this but looking for guidance. My 09 burb (LTZ) is displaying this message (Service Suspension Soon) I'd say about 70% of the time. Occasionally, on start up, I'll hear the compressor kick in and no message. Othertimes, no compressor and this message.

I first got the message when driving and I went over a serious rough patch of road, the message came on. I ignored it, seemed fine for a few weeks, and is progressively getting worse.

I can of course take it in, but I'm wondering if the rough road maybe knocked something loose. I can see the compressor near the driver's rear wheel, not sure what to really check. I'd hate to spent $$ on a diagnostic (and recommendation to replace something that might not need to be replaced) if it's a loose connection someplace.

Any suggestions? Any recommendations on a service manual? Or should I just suck it up and take it in?

Thanks!
Old November 8th, 2011, 9:36 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Best service manual is the GM FSM from Helm, Inc.
Old November 9th, 2011, 8:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The best service manual would be from Helm. I would recommend taking the vehicle into the dealership. The vehicle seems to be still within warranty. The dealer will be able to diagnose and/or repair this issue for you. Let us know what you find out.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service