Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe add Bluetooth??

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2011, 6:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With all due respect, you're absolutely right with a single exception. RPO code UE0 (OnStar delete) and corequisite U2J (XM Radio delete) can be included in a fleet order. Now, I can't be certain but it sounds like the OP's Tahoe is fleet.
Old March 14th, 2011, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EinST
With all due respect, you're absolutely right with a single exception. RPO code UE0 (OnStar delete) and corequisite U2J (XM Radio delete) can be included in a fleet order. Now, I can't be certain but it sounds like the OP's Tahoe is fleet.
In looking at the parts id label in the glove box, I have both of those codes listed. So now knowing that I don't have OnStar and XM installed, does anyone know if it is possible to add the necessary component(s) to enable me to have factory bluetooth?
Old March 14th, 2011, 8:32 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EinST
Good call, wasn't thinking about a fleet order.
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:28 PM
CF Veteran

I have to say it's going to be next to impossible to retrofit the missing hardware due to the need to program the rest of the vehicle electronics. I don't know if things have changed but if the VIN cannot be associated with the OnStar in the GM's database, the necessary S/W modules aren't going to be available for download. I don't know, if it came from an identical donor vehicle, maybe, a big maybe. I think it's just too big a gamble for what little return.
Old March 15th, 2011, 8:25 AM
CF Addict

Default bluetooth speaker phone

it may be easier and cheaper to just get a motorola bluetooth speaker phone... and clip it to the sun visor...

Sadly GM thinks upgrades are not possible, from the hi-tech tuner people I hear you want a Mercedes to do anything like this... all their parts just clip / add on rather easily, so if you don't buy it 'factory' it's very easy to add...

My friend at work bought a 2011 Caddy.. $46,000

No remote start.

Dealer says they CAN NOT add factory remote start. Sales guy said they could.

He's pissed. who but GM would make a $46,000 car without remote start? ON A CADDY?!

THEN, flat out say "ohh, we can't add that"... we are too dumb.

Guess who's not buying GM again (Him or me)... speaking of, i'm still waiting on that final $500 check from GM and their inability to assemble my tahoe with anything other than spit and some gum.

anyway, try the dealer, and get a quote, or you will get the standard 'we are too stupid, what's blueteeth' answer...

either way, let us know!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; March 15th, 2011 at 8:27 AM.