Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2010 LT check engine light on

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2013, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still problems

My 2010 Equinox is still having issues. I paid for a repair to the throttle wires the last week of Dec. Yesterday the "Reduced Engine Power" warning came on again while I was on a busy highway and I had to pull over. After restarting, it would work for a few miles then it happened 2 more times while I tried to get it back to the repair shop.

Apparently there is a recall for this exact problem but only for the 2011 Equinox. Why wouldn't the 2010's be included? I am now told it's a computer issue. I was without transportation today and tomorrow I have to drive it from the repair shop to the dealer who seems unaware of any issues. I was talked into buying this car because of the quality but I am NOT a happy owner at this time! This should happen on a 2 1/2 year old car that I have taken good care of!
Old June 3rd, 2014, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Suburban

I have had nothing but problems with this truck! Throttle body. Oil pump. Loss of power. Transmission slipping. Not to mention the cosmetic crap. My steering wheel, dash controls, a/c buttons all are rubbing off. The door trim has turned a nasty yellow/brown and this car is only 4 years old! I am so sad! I owned a Yukon for 11 years that I loved and had a great experience with. I was so excited when I got the suburban, and it has been a nightmare!!
Old June 3rd, 2014, 3:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jensoasis
I have had nothing but problems with this truck! Throttle body. Oil pump. Loss of power. Transmission slipping. Not to mention the cosmetic crap. My steering wheel, dash controls, a/c buttons all are rubbing off. The door trim has turned a nasty yellow/brown and this car is only 4 years old! I am so sad! I owned a Yukon for 11 years that I loved and had a great experience with. I was so excited when I got the suburban, and it has been a nightmare!!
Hi jensoasis,

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you've encountered these issues with your Suburban and apologize for any frustration this has caused. If you'd like to private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership name we would be happy to help work towards resolving your concerns. Let us know if we can help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 3rd, 2014, 10:01 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reason for the buttons wearing off is grease and not cleaning them. Dont eat fast food and then push all of the buttons. Our 07 has 137K and ALL the buttons are perfect.