Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2012 Suburban water leak, drivers floor

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Suburban water leak, drivers floor

Water is getting in from under the drivers wiper area. It’s not coming in from the A pillar, onstar antennae, door wiring harness or windshield. The inner and outer door seals are new. I’ve poured colored water in the area below the wiper and it appears on my floor. I used flexseal over the existing gasket material under the wiper. That seemed to stop it for a while, but now it leaks intermittently. The flapper on the side of the basin area works as it should. Any ideas would be helpful. I’m trying to avoid taking the fender off.

Old August 25th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd suggest pulling off the A pillar molding and running water over the windshield, I was certain my leak was coming from the cowling, turned out it was coming higher up on the windshield, check out my YouTube video it was a poor seal at the windshield. My passenger side floor was getting soaked and I could not figure out from where and was convinced it was coming from the firewall or AC.
Old August 27th, 2019, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure its not the window or A pillar, it will leak when i put the hose in the tub and water isn't coming in contact with the windshield or any of its seals.
Old August 27th, 2019, 8:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 198 Posts

My 93 sub is much older, but the passenger side had an identical leak. Had to remove the fender and found the firewall to quarter panel by the door hinge seal was the culprit. Cleaned out the old stuff, wire wheeled, resealed and painted - bet it's been well over 5 yrs, no leak and sits in the rain all winter. I may have a post on it here; will look and update if I find it. To finally prove the leak I hooked a a high volume dryer to a window, taped everything closed, then poured soapy water all over until I saw bubbles coming from the seam - w/o that I would have never known the seam was bad!
The following users liked this post:
rtamcfhgol (August 6th, 2020)