Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Stabilitrak problems

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 3:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buddy of mine works at Chevy. Told me the new trucks are horrible. Too many problems. Said not to get rid of my 07 for a new one.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 2015 suburban has the same issues. Loss of steering,service 4x4,service stabilatrac, service trailer brake, abs light and brake light came on wouldn't steer the brakes went to the floor! The thing is by the time we get it to the dealer everything fixed itself we videoed it but they can't find anything wrong it's the third time it's happen and the second time at the dealership for this issue the first time it went away so quick we thought it was a fluke but has become dangerous to drive!
Old March 1st, 2017, 7:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky Huffman
Our 2015 suburban has the same issues. Loss of steering,service 4x4,service stabilatrac, service trailer brake, abs light and brake light came on wouldn't steer the brakes went to the floor! The thing is by the time we get it to the dealer everything fixed itself we videoed it but they can't find anything wrong it's the third time it's happen and the second time at the dealership for this issue the first time it went away so quick we thought it was a fluke but has become dangerous to drive!
Welcome to the forum, Ricky

We’re very sorry to learn of these difficulties with your Chevy, and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused. If you would like to further discuss with our team, we encourage you to send us a private message with more information at your earliest convenience. We welcome the opportunity to look into your situation on our end.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 13th, 2017, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrak and park assist jamming steering wheel

So I have a 2015 Tahoe Lt 4*4 and recently I have been having problems reversing. More often than not when I reverse from s angle the steering wheel will jerk back from one side to the other almost snapping your wrist and will idle down and say parking assist off on back up cam. And also if on uneven ground the stabiltrsk will come on and has killed the car three times since. Is anyone else experienced these problems? I'm am scared to even back up now
Old March 16th, 2017, 4:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Ask the dealer about reprogramming your trucks software. I had a navigation issue where the screen blinked and would speak in half sentences. It even told me to prepare to go left when I was to exit right.. the dealer reprogrammed the nav system and had to
Essentially reboot a module. Wiped out the stored addresses but it works now.
Old March 20th, 2017, 9:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee Daniel
So I have a 2015 Tahoe Lt 4*4 and recently I have been having problems reversing. More often than not when I reverse from s angle the steering wheel will jerk back from one side to the other almost snapping your wrist and will idle down and say parking assist off on back up cam. And also if on uneven ground the stabiltrsk will come on and has killed the car three times since. Is anyone else experienced these problems? I'm am scared to even back up now
Hello Dee,

We apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered with your Tahoe and can understand your desire to get this addressed. If you decide you've like to work with a certified Chevrolet dealership, please let us know. We're available via private message and would be happy to provide an additional layer of assistance while your vehicle is being serviced.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 30th, 2017, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by brinson
o
Chevrolet made several offers of money towards the purchase of another vehicle. I eventually took their offer and purchased a 2016 Suburban which has had no issues. I traded the Tahoe in and last I heard they changed the under the dash harness. Although the Suburban is fine, I doubt I will ever own another Chevrolet. I had to force their hand in order to make them do something about a serious safety issue.
hi Brinson,

We are having this exact issue on our 2015 Suburban. We purchased it certified used and our warrenty expires in 600 miles. Bringing it in for the 3rd time today for the same problem. It's getting worse and they continue to say they can't find it. We have numerous videos now, from it happening when parking to it happening at 70mph with my kids in the car. The last time they had the car for a week and said they couldn't figure it out.

When they replaced your steering did the problem still occur? I'm scared that they won't have this problem fixed and then our warrenty will be expired and we will be stuck with this issue. It is completely unsafe and I don't want to drive the car like this. We will loose money if we trade it in, how did you get the money towards another vehicle? Was it from corporate or the dealership? Thanks
Old March 5th, 2018, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevrolet Suburban Stability Trak Service Issue

Originally Posted by Melissa.slaven
Thank you for posting this problem. We have a 2015 Suburban which has now had 3 steering column repairs and we are now experiencing same electronic issues with the Stabilitrak feature. The dealership has been wonderful but I'm kicking myself for buying this truck. Nothing but problems. Will show them your post and solution when we take back for 4th time to be repaired.
hey Melissa I’m having the same issue with my 2015 Chevrolet Suburban did you get to resolve the issue. If so what was the issue
Old March 5th, 2018, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue with my 2015 Chevrolet Suburban

Originally Posted by brinson
I have a 15 Tahoe LTZ and it has several eledtronics issues and was wondering if anyone esle has experienced similar issues. It is giving a warning for Stablitrak disabled, and may cause difficulty steering. The side blind zone alert and lane change alert icons in the mirrors flash on and off intermittently with no other cars in sight. The park assist disabled warning is displayed. And lastly it will turn the steering wheel right or left while driving with no warning! I dropped it off at the dealership for the 3d time today for these issues. Has anyone seen any of these problems? I do not feel comfortable letting my wife drive this vehicle until it is resolved.
hey good morning I’m having the same issue with my 2015 Chevrolet Suburban did the dealer ever fix your vehicle if so do you know what the problem was. Thank you.
Old December 20th, 2018, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Tahoe 2016 Silverado

I have a 2015 Tahoe LT RWD and 2016 Silversdo Z71 4x4 Crew Cab.

My 2015 Tahoe has had the same issues. Usually when stepping the brakes my camera goes offline in reverse, my wheel locks, cant steer but car will still move forward and backward. Brakes lose power and I have to stomp it. Nearly caused accidents 20 times in the past 2 days. Called the GMC dealer we got the Chevy from and they said they never heard of it. I am calling another Chevy dealer now.

If anyone has more info, please post. thanks.

Quick Reply: 2015 Stabilitrak problems