Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban LTZ magnetic ride problems

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2014, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban LTZ magnetic ride problems

I love my new Suburban. I've had a bunch and design and features are great. The third generation magnetic ride system makes for a great ride on the highway, but makes a smooth looking road very rough. It feels like a 3/4 ton sometimes, not absorbing a pothole at all. The jarring of the doors and console makes me feel like I'm not getting the ride I paid for. Is there a way to dampen or adjust this system. Is Chevrolet working on this? Big problem.
Old August 27th, 2014, 11:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a 2015, so I will preface with that. But what air pressures are you running? what it says or the door jam or something different?

Currently, I don't have the stock shocks up front so that part of my system is disabled. The backs I have oem replacement and they are still enabled. Mine is 2007 though, and a tahoe. However, about a week or so ago, I recall mine seemed to have a harsher ride. Like every little patch job on rode I seemed to feel, even if it looked fairly smoothed out.

Then I remembered that I tow with this vehicle as well, and had the air pressure in the tires cranked up a bit from the last time I towed. I lowered the pressure back down to just a tad higher than what the door jam said, and most of the harshness went away.

So maybe you are having a similar issue? On the 2007's there is no adjustment. It automatically adjusts via sensors. Not sure how the 2015's work...
Old August 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Does it have any driver selectable modes?
Old August 28th, 2014, 12:40 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015

I assume it's still under warranty... what does the dealer think?
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Default bringing it in

It has no driver selectable modes, the airpressure is correct and it is still in warranty. I am bringing it in next week to see, the drivers seat is loose anyway. I suspect this is a design flaw, but will report back.
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

We appreciate your feedback, Choop101, and we're sorry if your new 2015 Suburban isn't meeting your expectations as a driver. We've documented your concerns within our database for future reference, however please let us know the outcome of your dealership visit. If there's anything further we can do to assist, definitely feel free to PM us your VIN and contact information.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 31st, 2014, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Towing issues with 2015 LTZ TAHOE

I have recently purchased a 2015 LTZ Tahoe and had extreme sway when towing a RV trailer. I used to tow with my 2012 TAHOE Z71 edition - with no sway at all. This new TAHOE is supposed to have sway control built into it - which is ironic. Within the first hour of towing - there was so much sway that the trailer ended up on its side - and the truck almost too. The sway control never engaged. I have heard a similar story from another 2015 Tahoe purchaser - and he ended up returning the TAHOE immediatley. Has anyone else encountered this?
Old September 16th, 2014, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Word from dealer

After 14 days, they fixed the loose seat and informed me that the air ride is fully extended and negatively effecting my ride quality. They also said that there is no fix at the current time. I will inquire about returning the vehicle. Apparently the LT would not have the same issue.
Old September 17th, 2014, 7:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

Originally Posted by naildozer
I have recently purchased a 2015 LTZ Tahoe and had extreme sway when towing a RV trailer. I used to tow with my 2012 TAHOE Z71 edition - with no sway at all. This new TAHOE is supposed to have sway control built into it - which is ironic. Within the first hour of towing - there was so much sway that the trailer ended up on its side - and the truck almost too. The sway control never engaged. I have heard a similar story from another 2015 Tahoe purchaser - and he ended up returning the TAHOE immediatley. Has anyone else encountered this?
You posted this in another thread...
Everyone has a cell phone that can take photos...

If my trailer just tossed, I'd sure as hell be taking photos...

Pics or it didn't happen.

I find it hilarious GM sold you a brand new Tahoe that's at max ride height and they don't have a fix.

whats the price tag on these now? $65,000?

For the $53,000 I paid, I was pissed enough when I discovered what GM quality was...

I tried to warn the people! Isn't the Expedition new this year also?

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; September 17th, 2014 at 7:26 AM.
Old September 17th, 2014, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Choop101
After 14 days, they fixed the loose seat and informed me that the air ride is fully extended and negatively effecting my ride quality. They also said that there is no fix at the current time. I will inquire about returning the vehicle. Apparently the LT would not have the same issue.
What do you mean by "Extended"? This could be my issue causing the sway when I tow. Let me know if you have any more information and and they return your vehicle?

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2015 Suburban LTZ magnetic ride problems