Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2018 Tahoe Premier Window Down Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2023, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2018 Tahoe Premier Window Down Issue

Hoping someone can provide some guidance.
Issue Description:
Changed Battery in March, ever since, the front passenger window goes down automatically every time the door is opened. It doesn't matter if the ignition is on/off.
I have noticed that once the window is down and door remains open, i hear a clicking sound from inside the door when it remains opened, but it will stop when door is shut.
The window will go back up once the door is closed from either the driver or passenger switch.

Troubleshoting Steps taken:
-Tried disconnecting battery again
-Tried resetting window
-Checked fuses
-Bought new passenger switch module thinking it was bad (Maybe stuck in down position?), no luck.
-Tried lubricating rubber edges with some silicone to see if there was some resistance, but the window seems to open/close at regular speed.

Help, other than tearing the door apart and replacing the regulator/motor (which I think seems good since the window goes up/down on command) I am at a loss on what else might be the culprit.

Thanks in advance!