Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2021 suburban broke 3000miles

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2021, 3:39 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayvee666
So here's my next issue - dealing with Chevrolet Customer Assistance.

I logged the case a month ago now, and in the last four weeks I have had regular phone calls and emails from Chevrolet with the same message 'we are working on the request and will contact you as soon as we have the resolution for the concerns'.

I have asked them to buy back the truck - they won't. I have asked them for an extended warranty on the whole truck - nothing.................the only thing they suggested was they may give me some chevy rewards points. I told them I wasn't interested in buying car matts from them when my freaking engine doesn't work!

I have now told them I don't want to hear from them until they have something tangible. I feel like I'm being led along until I get so frustrated that I just go away.

Anyone else dealing with this kind of crazy??
Check into the lemon laws in your state and what your states rules / conditions are for dealing with it.
The following users liked this post:
Jayvee666 (September 14th, 2021)
Old September 15th, 2021, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got my truck back

Hi guys! After a while and calls everyday I got my truck back. They told me “ we are so happy to inform you that we are going to extend your warranty for 20000 km (12400 miles)” i was like what? Seriously? lol…. Anyway so I’m suing GM now but first I have to attend to a conciliation appointment with them ( weird that’s how it works in Mexico)

so I was wondering if you guys could help with information or where to start about how bad is for the engine to have the same problem 3 times now ( lifters shaving metal? Inside the engine? Damage to the camshaft? Maybe causing a misalignment in there all the way to the pistons? In the long run my engine will die sooner? ) sorry im not very good with engines

i would really appreciate your help!! Im meeting with them on September 30

thanks again

Last edited by TheDrew; September 15th, 2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old September 15th, 2021, 2:04 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDrew
They told me “ we are so happy to inform you that we are going to extend your warranty for 20000 km (12400 miles)”
20,000 km additional warranty is #$^&*%$#@$%*&*%$##@ crap !!! If 200,000 km additional, that would be different story.
TheDrew (September 15th, 2021)
Old September 16th, 2021, 12:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 suburban with LOTS of issues

My 6.2 suburban has less than 8k on it and I have been in twice to replace all the lifters, again to replace the water pump, back in to tighten loose bolts, back in for AC compressor replacement and now it’s in to replace the alternator and the melted negative wire. And I can’t forget the first time it was in the dealership hit the passenger front door that had to be repaired. Would have already unloaded but new ones are being built with certain options/chips unavailable. I love my suburban and have zero faith in this one. Dealership is going above and beyond to keep me from losing my mind and would have replaced it long ago but they have nothing on their lot. GM finally contacted me this week. Do I dare go over to the dark side and get an expedition?!?
Old September 16th, 2021, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2021 Suburban RST: On February 19th I was driving home from work and my vehicle started shaking really bad and the check engine light came on, as well as Stabilitrak light and a few others and I only had 4,900 miles on it. My truck had to be towed to the dealer on Monday and it was ready to be picked up on Friday at the EOB. Invoice report stated "Inspected engine oil level and ok. started and have ticking as well as loud intermittent snapping noise. Codes P0300 00 and P050D 00. Most miss fires recorded on cylinder #6, removed rocker cover and found bent pushrod due to faulty lifter. removed bank 2 lifters and inspeded follers and cam lobe ok. replaced all lifters and one pushrod on bank 2 per bulliten 19-NA-218."

Today, September 16 and almost 7 months to the day, I was driving home from work and same thing happened, my vehicle started shaking really bad and the check engine light came on, as well as Stabilitrak light and a few others and I now have 20,600 miles on my truck, but this time I was able to limp it to the dealer. No loaner vehicles available. I asked if Chevy would pay for a rental and they said only for the time that the vehicle is actually being worked on. Not sure what GM expects people to do? You spend all this money on a vehicle and if it breaks down they should be more than willing to offer to pay for a rental as long as the dealer has your vehicle in their possession. I guess we will see what the dealer says about my truck this time, but they said it wont even be looked at for at least 4 days.
Old September 16th, 2021, 9:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Why are the lifters going bad?
Old September 17th, 2021, 7:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryE
Why are the lifters going bad?
They built a bunch of motors with defective lifters.
Old September 17th, 2021, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2021 GMC Sierra Lifter Failure

Originally Posted by TxBigBlue
Well, yesterday while driving home from Huntsville, felt the truck lurch and bog. Didn't think much of it. Had wife and 3 kids in the car, so couldn't hear much. Truck continued to do this for the hour ride home. Got home, parked the truck for a few hours then ran out to pick up dinner. Now idling like a stock car and knocking and banging away, instrument cluster lit up like 4th of july - every code you could think of. Called roadside assistance and waiting or tow to dealership.

Fearing the worst - lifter failure. 15,286 on the truck. Purchased new this year 4/1 from Texan GMC. Being towed to Wiesner GMC, Conroe, TX. I hope they have parts and a loaner.
Well here is my first update - No loaner available. Dealership picked up the tab on a rental. Told 10 days before I get my truck back, 3 ahead of it with the same problem. Spoke with GM level1 and level2 rep. Level 2 rep says she wants to talk compensation for my trouble next Tuesday. Anyone have any experience with this? Already bought an extended warranty when I bought the truck. So GM extending it means nothing to me. What should I ask for?
Old September 18th, 2021, 8:52 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Well, I'd say one good thing is that GM now admits/agrees there is an issue.....instead of trying to convince owners that they're looney !
Jayvee666 (September 20th, 2021)
Old September 19th, 2021, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayvee666
So here's my next issue - dealing with Chevrolet Customer Assistance.
I logged the case a month ago now, and in the last four weeks I have had regular phone calls and emails from Chevrolet with the same message 'we are working on the request and will contact you as soon as we have the resolution for the concerns'.
I have asked them to buy back the truck - they won't. I have asked them for an extended warranty on the whole truck - nothing.................the only thing they suggested was they may give me some chevy rewards points. I told them I wasn't interested in buying car matts from them when my freaking engine doesn't work!
I have now told them I don't want to hear from them until they have something tangible. I feel like I'm being led along until I get so frustrated that I just go away.
Anyone else dealing with this kind of crazy??
This reply mirrors exactly my interactions with GM over the past 4 months. I'm getting calls saying they're working on extending warranty and seeing if they can replace the other bank of lifters. I was on vacation the past two weeks so haven't had any communications, will call them this week just to see what their story is now. LOL, they offered me some reward points too, told them I didn't want reward points, I wanted a truck that would get me for point A to point B without breaking down!

If anyone has any other insightful information I would appreciate hearing about it.

Quick Reply: 2021 suburban broke 3000miles