Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2021 suburban broke 3000miles

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2021, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jayvee666
SAME ISSUE! 2021 Suburban RST 6,000 miles. Truck is in the shop 11 days and counting - 'all parts are on back order with no ETA'.

I was driving on the highway when I noticed a tapping - thought I had caught something around the wheel or had an piece of bodywork knocking. Stopped to check twice, but couldn't find anything. Then tapping / knocking started on both sides with a slight loss of power each time and I knew it was an engine issue (although no lights). Stopped in at a local dealer in CT who told me that it was probably a bad tank of gas and they had a notification from head office of the problem!

Next day started the truck and it sounded like a tractor and the dash lite up like a christmas tree.................although it definitely isn't christmas!

Manage to drive to the dealer I brought it from (out of state in NY) as no one else local to me would touch it in CT 'we have nothing available for at least a month' was the general conversation.

I managed to get a loaner from the dealership (although they said they had none) - it's a Bolt, so not ideal for my family of 6 a dog and not a lot of tow capacity!

So glad I found this forum - GM make out like this is all brand new to them - they know exactly what the problem is and should do a mass recall. Counting the days down until I can leverage the lemon laws.

1 Month later - still in the shop.
Old August 30th, 2021, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis Porter
My 2021 suburban with 3000 miles collapsed lifter bent pushrods. Would u except new lifters and push rods or would u want a new motor
I would want a new car. Same thing happened to mine and they have been trying to fix it for over a week now.
Old August 30th, 2021, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

1 Month later - still in the shop.
Are they at least providing a rental vehicle?? Are they only waiting for parts or are you trying to replace the engine?
Old August 30th, 2021, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, but it broke while on a road trip in UT and I am from CA. We had to fly home (5 people) and they only cover a rental car up to $40 a day, the suburban I am renting is $90 a day. Such a joke.
Old August 30th, 2021, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

I had to practically draw blood for them to provide a loaner (Chevy Bolt - I guess it's fun to drive an electric car!).

They are waiting for parts vs any delays with the actual repair. I'm going to play hardball and tell them I want a new car - else they need to extend the warranty (not sure if that would be to 60K or 100K).
Old August 30th, 2021, 5:40 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

This issue needs national news attention, or to NHTSA
The following 2 users liked this post by Cusser:
Jayvee666 (August 31st, 2021), Rednucleus (August 30th, 2021)
Old September 7th, 2021, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2021 Z71 Tahoe lifter issue

Ours was just over 14k. Made the tick or pop noise once or twice before but was fine. We were 250 miles from home when it happened. My wife found out about this issue while we were waiting for the tow truck. 250 miles from home on Labor Day weekend. As you can imagine there was a lot of help available... The dealer we went to was very upfront about it. We were #8 for the week. No loaner, no rental reimbursement and we had to take a taxi 50 miles to the next big town to get a rental. I too can not believe they won't issue a recall when they've know about this issue for so long. Very frustrating for sure.
Old September 8th, 2021, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

So I filed the case with GM as recommended. The truck is now fixed and ready to go, but I am currently refusing to pick it up and have asked them to buy the car back - they refused. They are now in the process of working out what to offer me 'for my troubles' and have offered Chevy reward points (which I refused). I get the feeling they are starting to understand the extent of this issue and are trying to play a little nicer. When I threatened legal action - they advised I would no longer be able to talk to them if I took that route. Will let you know what happens.......................but I think there should be a class action law suit if anyone wants to take the lead!? :-)
Old September 8th, 2021, 8:44 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

I think there should be a class action law suit if anyone wants to take the lead!? :-)
I'm not a lawyer, but my brother is, and my other brother is too.

In most class action settlements, the "wronged" parties typically get a voucher (for like $200 off a future purchase) or a token payment, the guilty party settles for a few million dollars, and the law firm doing the lawsuit rakes in millions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cusser:
Jayvee666 (September 9th, 2021), repairman54 (September 9th, 2021)
Old September 10th, 2021, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2021 Tahoe liters And push rod

This happened to me at 12,000 miles in July and they fixed it! So I drove it for another 2,000 miles and it did the same thing yesterday! I can’t believe they have not made this a recall! And not to mention they are still selling these cars!

Quick Reply: 2021 suburban broke 3000miles