Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2nd Battery Tray?

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2019, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
There were several reasons that th battery was moved to the upper passenger side of the engine compartment.
Weight distribution, vibration isolation, crash test and aftermath results being a few of them.
Wrong it's safe to have it there and makes it easy to replace it basically a 30min job turns into a 1min job

for me it actually took more time to buy it in the store(about 35min) then it took to pull it out and put it in..

the 45 pound battery does not help you will need a 200 pound bag of concrete to set up any type of Weight distribution

that is how much the avg american weighs

but even on consumer models it's in the front driver side hybrid models they put the high voltage inverter in the other location.

it's a pain to replace the filter though but i practiced several times and able to get it off with ease

Last edited by Tahoe_Hybrid; November 16th, 2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old April 26th, 2022, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
gabenderthat is the same thing I thought also, just back fed into the sytem via those studs, they do provide power to the accessories when the ignition is off, HOWEVER I don't know if starting power would be pulled back thru that same circuit which could be a bad thing... If you do a forum search for AUX battery there are several topics on the matter but this particular thread seems to have the best info on the addtion of the extra battery
have you tried rockauto.com