Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

7.4 vortex suburban mods

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2020, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7.4 vortex suburban mods

Hey guys. New to this particular forum. So, I bought a 99 vortex 454 k2500 suburban a couple months ago. I’ve been going through it getting in shape. So far mechanical things I’ve done so far are as follows:
fuel filter, oil change and filter, spark plugs and wires, distributor and cap, fuel system clean, air filter, true dual 3” with super 10 dual in dual out. Mas air cleaned as well as throttle body.
Its running great and sounds great. No clap in exhaust like the straight pipes. I kept the stock cats. Thought about headers and cat delete with each tune. It currently has 4.10 gears with limited slip. I would like more low end accelerations but I know this is a big truck. Also I have added cowl hood and 6” lift with 35s.
my question for you all is what should I do to get more power. I’d line to do more mods before tune so I can have tune wrote for mods. What do you guys suggest.
aesthetically I have done hood rigid flush mounts on rear bumper, brush guard, cowl hood, wheels , Nitto ridge grappler 35x12.5/20. As well as Memphis subs with kicker amp capacitor and infinity Capps door speakers with tweeters and audio pipe amp and Bluetooth dvd head unit. Audio system is tuned for country and rock. It’s like a concert. I font beat the block but I could if I wanted. I just wanted crystal clear sound for good music. I’m pleased with it. I just need more power. I honestly have tried to do a burn out on wet asphalt and failed. This low rpm big block needs more go juice.
ready set go!

Stock minus brush’s gaurd when I got it

Mine and my wife’s 2011 ltz

America

I like it
Old March 26th, 2020, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Both are very nice looking rides. Black Bear Performance could tune. Check them out.