Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is 75,000 miles on a 2009 too high to consider purchase?

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you have estimated as trade in value for it? Nada and Kelley.

At first glance that seem pretty high for 75k miles and it's 3 yrs old.

Go thru and book price it at trade value with the major pricers, kelley, Nada and etc. Your low offer should start a little above trade in value.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

The trade in value is 33,725....but we are becoming a little annoyed by the dealership so we may just forget it. I requested pictures of any and all flaws this vehicle has since we would be buying it sight unseen and just keep getting the runaround. Something tells me this truck photographs really well from a distance and not up-close....ha-ha....we found another one that is absolutely perfect, but it is equally as far and it is by owner. My job today is to find out how difficult it would be to arrange private transport for it to get it to us! Anyone have any experience with that?
Old May 18th, 2012, 6:48 PM
CF Active Member

I would tell them you are looking closer to home as this is really not a great deal for you and see how they react.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by citoribrown
The trade in value is 33,725....but we are becoming a little annoyed by the dealership so we may just forget it. I requested pictures of any and all flaws this vehicle has since we would be buying it sight unseen and just keep getting the runaround. Something tells me this truck photographs really well from a distance and not up-close....ha-ha....we found another one that is absolutely perfect, but it is equally as far and it is by owner. My job today is to find out how difficult it would be to arrange private transport for it to get it to us! Anyone have any experience with that?
Getting a transport to haul it will not be an issue at all. Several sites will get you about 5 qoutes for the vehicle shipping from zip code to zip code. As far as high mileage, depending on who drove it would dictate wether its an issue or not. If its adult owned, you would be fine. My 07 has about 87,000 miles on it and i would buy it if it wasnt mine. As far as prices, anyone will tell you that Suburbans hold their value better than most chevrolet vehicles.
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not recommend buying a higher mileage vehicle sight unseen. You really need to look around under the hood at the fluids and belts etc... to see if it was taken care of. There are companies out there that will do a pre purchase inspection for you. Then you would need to add the inspection price and shipping price in to the purchase price. I would be patient and wait until the right truck becomes available in your area.
Old May 19th, 2012, 6:25 AM
CF Active Member

I agree with MDTAHOE 100%. Then you can avoid buyers remorse. If I were spending $30 + K, I want to touch and feel it first for my own, before I dropped that amount.

With gas prices increasing, the probability of a local used unit will increase.
Old May 19th, 2012, 6:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt buy site unseen either, but i wouldnt hesitate to buy an 09 Burb with 75,000
plus miles onit once i drove, saw it and saw maint. records.
Old May 29th, 2012, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Considering that my 2000 LT only has 95k miles, yes you are paying way too much for this high mileage vehicle!