Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

93 suburban headlight switch burn out issue.

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2013, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 suburban headlight switch burn out issue.

I got a 93SilvaradoC2500 suburban with a Tonawanda 454 with 457K and I been having an on going problem The white wire to the far left of the white headlight switch connector. It tends to burn out every once in awhile melting the switch on the far left slot. It all started when it did this year before when the switch just melted in the back and did not engage.

What do I need to do to make it stop, here is the stranger part, the connection to the engine bay forward headlights won't work, my Dad went and spliced the markers with the headlights and that works for awhile as a temporary measure. We soldered and shrunk our connections 100% to keep crap from getting in them as well as plug the ends off that are open.

I know possibly a future item will be a headlight harness for the engine bay so my other question is does anyone make an AFM/OEM style harness that is reasonably priced? Also is one connected with the other?

I should have pics up for it soon.