Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

All I did was change out the blower motor! Now a bunch of stuff has died!

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2013, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I did was change out the blower motor! Now a bunch of stuff has died!

I'm having speedometer and hard shifting issues with my '99 6.5 diesel Suburban. I'm sure I caused it today because I just changed the A/C-Heater blower motor. To do this I had to disconnect the computer behind my glove box. First I disconnected both batteries, then I unplugged the three electrical connections to the big computer, and one other connection to a circuit board mounted under the computer. When I got the new blower installed I reversed the process. Within a few minutes my ABS and service engine soon lights came on and I noticed my speedo is not working. Also, the transmission was shifting very hard. Does anyone know what I did wrong? (The good news is my blower motor sounds and works great now.)

If you read this far and were planning to offer help, THANKS, but I found my loose connection and fixed all issues.

Last edited by Stealth 3/4 ton 'Burban; January 13th, 2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: I fixed the problem
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue is fixed! I found a loose connection and got it right.