Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2011, 5:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: The Sub is headed back to the shop for the interior update. A mix of leather/suede door panels, suede headliner, and suede rear panels. It should take about 3 weeks for the all the upholstery and other additions (drink chiller, humidor, etc...)

I just got the new steering wheel:

Name:  JL-0324.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  109.3 KB
Old February 6th, 2011, 9:35 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AMGfan,

Another modification that you might consider is adding adding an 07 or newer Escalade LED third brake light. I will attempt to attach a picture....

The picture is from another member on a different forum that did the modification himself. From what I understand the process is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is open the lift-glass, take out the 3 Torx screws and 2 10mm bolts, then the spoiler comes off. You put your new Cadillac spoiler on (repainted of course), with the LED bar installed. Then plug up the harness and re-install the screws/bolts.

You would need the following parts:

- Escalade 3rd brake light LED bar - 25779085.
- Escalade spoiler - 25779075
- Bolts for installation - 11561972

I am actually looking at doing the modification myself, but I am currently waiting for some warmer weather. This New York State snow is driving me crazy

Just another idea to consider....

Other then that the Suburban is looking great!! It will be one heck of a ride when all said and done
Attached Thumbnails AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build-tahoe029.jpg  

Last edited by ChevyFreak; February 6th, 2011 at 4:34 PM.
Old February 6th, 2011, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

iam so sick now nice ride cant wait to see the doors
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
AMGfan,

Another modification that you might consider is adding adding an 07 or newer Escalade LED third brake light. I will attempt to attach a picture....

The picture is from another member on a different forum that did the modification himself. From what I understand the process is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is open the lift-glass, take out the 3 Torx screws and 2 10mm bolts, then the spoiler comes off. You put your new Cadillac spoiler on (repainted of course), with the LED bar installed. Then plug up the harness and re-install the screws/bolts.

You would need the following parts:

- Escalade 3rd brake light LED bar - 25779085.
- Escalade spoiler - 25779075
- Bolts for installation - 11561972

I am actually looking at doing the modification myself, but I am currently waiting for some warmer weather. This New York State snow is driving me crazy

Just another idea to consider....

Other then that the Suburban is looking great!! It will be one heck of a ride when all said and done
Any idea why only the center section of the Esky CHMSL lites up?
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Still a work in progress...

The Sub is in tear down mode...except that the new headliners is in with the new LED lights/switches incorporated into the headliner and front ceiling console. The rest of the interior pieces should be done this week and final buttoning up of all the other bits (so many I can't remember) next week...pics to follow.

We added LED lights above each passenger with corresponding illuminated switches. Also additional lighting (3 LED's) in the rear storage area...
The exterior lighting was also massaged a bit by adding LED puddle lighting under the step bar when the alarm is disengaged and doors are open.

BEFORE:
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet1034.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  3.58 MB

AFTER:
Name:  IMG_3445.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  3.31 MB
Name:  IMG_3446.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  3.41 MB
Name:  IMG_3447.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  3.41 MB
Name:  IMG_3448.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  3.03 MB

PS...I have posted a picture of the side of the Sub (below) with the outline of the door guards. We were going to have them painted but per the painter the guards are made of a pliable plastic material that can't be matched to the body. Evidently, the mixture of the paint and the material of the guard yellows the overall color...hence the difference in the body color and the door guards. News to me...

I decided to have all badging removed, too (still to be done).

Name:  IMG_3444.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  3.61 MB
Old March 15th, 2011, 4:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Man I love these types of threads.

I may go the route of mounting the subs in the side panels as you have done. My enclosure for the 2 JL W7's is taking up way too much room! And a pain in the #$% to remove when I need the cargo space. You also gave me great info on those Lyon mats.

My Burb has the Escalade rear light and rear side vent conversion. It really transforms the rear and I would 2nd it.

Sweet mods and looking fwd to more updates!
Old March 15th, 2011, 4:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELIM
Man I love these types of threads.

I may go the route of mounting the subs in the side panels as you have done. My enclosure for the 2 JL W7's is taking up way too much room! And a pain in the #$% to remove when I need the cargo space. You also gave me great info on those Lyon mats.

My Burb has the Escalade rear light and rear side vent conversion. It really transforms the rear and I would 2nd it.

Sweet mods and looking fwd to more updates!

ELIM...you got pics of the rear of your Sub? Thanks for the kind words. Part of getting the Suburban was for the space and putting a sub box in the back really defeated the purpose. I like the stealth look, too.

Jon
Old March 15th, 2011, 5:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by AMGfan
ELIM...you got pics of the rear of your Sub? Thanks for the kind words. Part of getting the Suburban was for the space and putting a sub box in the back really defeated the purpose. I like the stealth look, too.

Jon
I agree completely about the cargo space.

No real photoshoot yet of my Sub but here are some off the cuff phone camera shots. I don't have any real clear shots of the rear but the first photo is when it went in for smog. I'll post a 2nd photo so you can also see the Escalade door handles too. The previous owner did all the work and I'm very happy about this ride. I too want to add a BBK for better stopping power and possibly a supercharger.

I'll eventually take better shots.

Name:  rear2.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  140.0 KB

Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  209.8 KB
Old March 15th, 2011, 6:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well it's official. I need to go change my pants.

sweet looking subbys ya'all. :thumbsup:

:chug:
Old April 1st, 2011, 3:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Some more interior pieces came in...the rest is supposed to come in Monday. But this upholsterer from my tuner shop is saying is an "artiste" so he kind of is lax on his scheduled delivery. I'm cool with it at this point...I haven't had the Suburban in my hands for 6wks so another 2wks won't kill me as long as the pieces look as good as these that came in...
The leather he is using is really soft which makes hard plastic = cheap feeling a thing of the past. The suede is a great improvement over the hard plastic, too.
BEFORE PIC OF CENTER CONSOLE
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet3001.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  3.68 MB
AFTER PIC OF LOWER PORTION OF CENTER CONSOLE IN SUEDE (TOP WILL BE IN NEW LEATHER)
Name:  SuburbanInterior006.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  3.77 MB
Name:  SuburbanInterior007.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  3.58 MB
BEFORE PIC OF REAR PART OF CENTER CONSOLE
]Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet3003.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  3.55 MB
AFTER PIC OF REAR PART OF CENTER CONSOLE (THE TOP PART WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER CONTROLS WAS MODIFIED TO INCLUDE CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER FOR REAR PASSENGERS)
Name:  SuburbanInterior001.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  3.44 MB
Name:  SuburbanInterior002.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  3.72 MB
Name:  SuburbanInterior003.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  3.70 MB
TAILGATE PANEL (NOW IN LEATHER AND OPENINGS FOR ADDITIONAL LED LIGHTS)
Name:  SuburbanInterior008.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  4.21 MB

OTHER BITS OF HEADLINER AND INTERIOR DYED AND/OR PAINTED BLACK
Name:  SuburbanInterior005.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  3.29 MB
Name:  SuburbanInterior004.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  3.19 MB

Quick Reply: AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build