Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the function of the deal in the center of the front licence plate area?
Old December 10th, 2010, 7:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by JRacer
What's the function of the deal in the center of the front licence plate area?
I grew up in Pittsburgh and it is a small nod to my favorite NFL team...the Steelers.
Old December 10th, 2010, 9:19 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great looking set up
1) do you have the sub amp running both the stealth sub and the one in the console? I have heard a lot of people putting in the console sub, wondering how much better the stealth sub helped out.
2) how are the new brakes? other than being huge and expensive was there a reason you replaced them?
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

AMGfan,

Can you give some more info on the HIDs. Where and how much?

Thanks
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ousig2408
great looking set up
1) do you have the sub amp running both the stealth sub and the one in the console? I have heard a lot of people putting in the console sub, wondering how much better the stealth sub helped out.
2) how are the new brakes? other than being huge and expensive was there a reason you replaced them?
1) Im actually going ahead and getting a JL 900/5 on top of the JL 750/1 and JL 600/4. It will run the front center console sub and the front separates. The 750/1 will be dedicated to the TW5 in the rear. You can't have enough power and also each sub amp will have a dedicated sub control ****...I like to have that control because I'm running the front console in the mid to upper lower bass frequencies while the rear sub is for the lower range bass frequencies. It might be overkill since it sounds great now but...it's Christmas time...

As it is now, the front console sub is a great addition.

2) The difference in brake feel and stopping power in the Brembo's is incredible. The bigger wheels and tires not only need the look of the bigger caliper/rotors but the stopping power really is needed...you don't necessarily have to go with Brembo's but if anyone upgrades to anything significantly above stock brake upgrades is beneficial.

Last edited by AMGfan; December 10th, 2010 at 5:31 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by hifters1
AMGfan,

Can you give some more info on the HIDs. Where and how much?

Thanks
The tuner shop I use has that info...I'll see them on Monday and get that for you...

Jon
Old December 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

I LOVE the black interior pieces! If I end up going with a Tahoe I'm going to do that. I really dislike the wood trim and it seems like a lot of the Tahoes I see have the wood.
Old December 10th, 2010, 1:25 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, I have never heard one of the flat subs but I am sure they are good - I personally really like JL subs and amps. like you said before Focal components are great (I have 2 sets in my Acura) but they can be stupid expensive. As you also showed it is not hard to upgrade the stock junk speakers.
Old December 10th, 2010, 7:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Update...

1. I had the rear tail lights changed to another style...
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet4005.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  3.24 MB
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet4008.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  3.13 MB
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet4004.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  3.17 MB
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet4007.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  3.06 MB

2. The front head light reflectors are going to be dealt with...
-the headlights housing I am told can't be taken apart like my E55 or SL65 so they are going to paint the outer housing part that shows the orange reflector and they are going to paint it body color (white) then clear the whole headlight housing AND then cover it with Lamin-X headlight protective film.
3. They took pictures of the interior and will be consulting the upholsterer next week to set plan on how to tackle the interior suede and stitching. The headliner will also be done and they will be incorporating LED overhead spotlights at each seating position so that each person has a personal reading spotlight. Also, the trunk area lighting will be upgraded to LED coverage.
4. They took measurements between the second row of captain's chairs to fit the drink chiller/humidor/drink holders. Plan is to have the bottom portion covered in leather and the top finished in piano black to match the rest of the interior trim.
5. Ordering a KVH/DirecTV system for the roof. They will paint the exterior satellite antennae housing body color (Summit white) to make it less conspicuous.
6. I can't stand the side door guards...whoever painted them at the Chevrolet dealership did a terrible job of matching them to the body color so they will be repainted to make them match better.
7. The new Liquid Pedals (to replace the accelerator/brake/parking brake) are being shipped next week.
8. Ordered the new white gauge cluster for the interior.
9. The Chevy chrome tire valve stem caps came in...
Name:  SuburbanUpgradePhotosSet4001.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  2.83 MB

Last edited by AMGfan; December 10th, 2010 at 7:51 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 8:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by AMGfan
I grew up in Pittsburgh and it is a small nod to my favorite NFL team...the Steelers.
Oh, couldn't identify that in the image.

Quick Reply: AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build