Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Received 160 Likes on 158 Posts

Those should be able to stop you on the proverbial dime!

Without re-reading the entire thread, how did you do the halo ring on the hi-beams? Did you stay w/ the 6000K bulbs?

Have you check the temp.of the fogs after they've been on for a few minutes?

Curious as to how they removed the steering wheel trim pieces. My guy said they would have to remove the air bag to do it. I wanted to remove them to smooth out the mold flash on the edges. Went ahead and did it in situ, carefully.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 5:30 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Thumbs up

I am officially jealous... that is turning out to be one sweet MF'ing ride!
Old November 24th, 2010, 9:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The brakes didn't fit with the wheels as is on her...SO they are having some custom spacers fabricated along with getting longer wheel bolts. They need about a half inch more play for a perfect fit.

The shop suggested maybe added Bushwacker OE fender flares (after the spacers, lowering and brakes are done) because the look may be too aggressive without them...but the jury is still out on that until I see the whole package put together.

So I'm picking her up today without the brakes or lowering done yet. Both of them will be done at the same time next week.

PS Shark...the headlight LED's and halo lights are part of the new headlight assembly I bought off Ebay. The temps of the fogs after about 15 minutes of use seem tolerable.
Old November 24th, 2010, 1:22 PM
CF Junior Member

SWEET RIDE!!!!!! I really like the piano-gloss black interior trim pieces. Those Brembro's were some serious coinage, I'm jealous!!!
Old November 24th, 2010, 3:05 PM
Administrator

Another fender flare choice might be the ones on the Z/71.

Don't forget that increasing the tread width puts more stress on the wheel bearings.

Got a link for the headlites?
Old November 24th, 2010, 3:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
Another fender flare choice might be the ones on the Z/71.

Don't forget that increasing the tread width puts more stress on the wheel bearings.

Got a link for the headlites?
Shark...try this...

http://stores.ebay.com/SABERSPORT/SU...=p4634.c0.m322
Old November 24th, 2010, 4:06 PM
Administrator

Thanks. They look good. Wonder how the bulb is replaced since it looks like the wires come out of the rear of the housing w/ no socket.

Last edited by 73shark; December 1st, 2010 at 8:55 AM.
Old November 30th, 2010, 7:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Any update?

AMGFan,

May I ask what made you choose the JL brand? I am currently in the process of purchasing my audio upgrades for the Tahoe and all the local places I've been to recommends Focals. Are you running separate amps for speakers and subs? Also, where will u be putting the tweeters?

I am purchasing my upgrades piecemeal so the wife doesn't notice it - I've already got the Pioneer Avic Z120 plus all the modules for camera, Sat radio, HD radio, PAC, Harness & Dash Kit. I just need to decide on which speaker brand to go with, JL or Focal and buy a matching amp.

Thanks and I look forward to your project's completion!!!

Last edited by jvtahoe; December 1st, 2010 at 1:01 AM.
Old December 1st, 2010, 6:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by jvtahoe
Any update?

AMGFan,

May I ask what made you choose the JL brand? I am currently in the process of purchasing my audio upgrades for the Tahoe and all the local places I've been to recommends Focals. Are you running separate amps for speakers and subs? Also, where will u be putting the tweeters?

I am purchasing my upgrades piecemeal so the wife doesn't notice it - I've already got the Pioneer Avic Z120 plus all the modules for camera, Sat radio, HD radio, PAC, Harness & Dash Kit. I just need to decide on which speaker brand to go with, JL or Focal and buy a matching amp.

Thanks and I look forward to your project's completion!!!
I just have a pic before it went to the shop again for the Brembo upgrade...
Name:  SuburbanStuffNov23001.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  3.89 MB
Name:  SuburbanStuffNov23004.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  4.26 MB

I decided to NOT lower it...I like the height as it is. Also, I am contemplating on getting the chrome door handles and the chrome trim on the side mirrors (ONLY on the bottom portion that is black plastic).

AS far as the audio system...

The JL's component series are the C5's. They sound good for the price point and are a good upgrade from stock. I really went with the JL components because my installer REALLY got me a great deal on them.

BUT you CAN NOT go wrong with the Focals...I have Focals in the E55 and the SL65 and they are sweet.

I am running separates amps:

JL HD600/4 for all the door speakers (the tweeters are in the stock A pillar location)
JL HD750/1 for the front console JL10w1 and the rear JL13TW5

The JL HD series are top notch and come in a TINY package. I wanted my system to be STEALTH with NO compromise in storage space...the HD series fit the bill.
Old December 1st, 2010, 9:00 AM
Administrator

RE: chrome mirror covers - Putco makes a cover that goes over the entire mirror. I got those cuz I didn't care for the two-tone look.

Never understood why the Tahoes had the upper half chrome and the Eskys had the lower half.

Quick Reply: AMGfan 2011 Suburban LT1500 Build