Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Back Up Camera Problems

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2013, 8:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back Up Camera Problems

So I cleaned my throttle body 2 days ago and unhooked my battery as an attempt to help the ECU relearn the throttle-body before finding the proper procedure. But now that the battery is hooked back up my back up cam wont turn on when i go to reverse! it works if i do the window lock over ride but if i have to turn it off when im done...

any idea what happened???

Last edited by Joe In NY; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old March 21st, 2013, 9:14 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

I am checking the info I have and not seeing a lot
Is there any information on the screen when you shift into reverse?
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM
CF Senior Member

the screen still displays the regular radio and i can change it and use it like its in park or drive. i might have to pull the head unit and check the over-ride.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 2:43 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm not familiar w/ the "lock lock override". What's that?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 9:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

Which navigation / video in motion / bypass product are you using in your truck? It sounds like you have it setup to control the rear camera, where the power wire to the rear camera runs through the bypass unit, rather than the factory method? It is possible that unit is the problem. You may want to try and see if there is a firmware update for the unit and flashing the chip may solve your problem. A call to the company's support may help solve this issue.

Good luck with your repair.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
CF Senior Member

oops, sorry about the "lock lock" its only the window lock button, press 4 times to switch to rear camera, the power isn't run through the override as the camera has to be turned on by Reverse and shuts off after 30sec. To unlock Nav I just hit the "Talk" button 4 times. But lately the Nav has been locking up real bad when we use the override, so have to program it ahead of time now

I can't remember who makes as I only saw it once. We bought this suburban by paying our friends the difference of our old one and this one back in Feb 2009 when it had 50k on it. He installed the override as soon as he bought it in 2007. It worked flawless until now...

I'm going to be pulling the head unit tomorrow to have a look. But I don't know why unhooking the battery would cause this... We still can watch movies up front and everything else the over ride provides...

I'll get some pics.

Last edited by Joe In NY; March 22nd, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Sounds like it may be a Lockpick by Coastal Tech.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 7:53 AM
CF Senior Member

yep. thats it! I have a lockpick. dont know which one tho... but I have a feeling that it is the Head Unit that is at fault, not the lock pick, as the head unit still controls the camera...

I'm going to mess with it today so.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 9:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Crap! My Lock Pick is at fault! I wonder if it got a power surge from when i hooked my batter back??? IDK. But we are driving to Florida next Friday and we want it working! I have to call lock pick up and find out what has happened.

now all 6 dip switches are ON. It has worked great till now I would pull it out but the donkey who put it in glued it! so i guess it stays.

Never mind. it was just wedged really good, LockPick is old, has no other switches or plugs, cant update it either
Attached Thumbnails Back Up Camera Problems-img_0900.jpg   Back Up Camera Problems-img_0905.jpg   Back Up Camera Problems-img_0909.jpg   Back Up Camera Problems-img_0910.jpg   Back Up Camera Problems-img_0911.jpg  

Last edited by Joe In NY; March 23rd, 2013 at 9:47 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 9:12 AM
CF Senior Member

here it is working with restrictions and everything. as you can see i'm holding the Lock Pick Wire harness
Attached Thumbnails Back Up Camera Problems-img_0913.jpg  

Quick Reply: Back Up Camera Problems