Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bad running 97 suburban c2500 454

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2021, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=oilcanhenry;459873]Yeah, I'd pull a couple out and see what condition they are in. You might want to do a compression test to rule out valve/ring issues. It could also be a bad catalytic converter plugging up your exhaust system. I'd run a scan-tool on it and see if you have any OBD II codes.[/QUOTE

Stuck float for fuel level in gas tank. If it only happens up hill
Old February 11th, 2021, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=A Alfaro;460272][QUOTE=oilcanhenry;459873]Yeah, I'd pull a couple out and see what condition they are in. You might want to do a compression test to rule out valve/ring issues. It could also be a bad catalytic converter plugging up your exhaust system. I'd run a scan-tool on it and see if you have any OBD II codes.[/QUOTE

Stuck float for fuel level in gas tank. If it only happens up hill. Check the tank
Old February 18th, 2021, 8:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

[QUOTE=A Alfaro;460273][QUOTE=A Alfaro;460272]
Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Yeah, I'd pull a couple out and see what condition they are in. You might want to do a compression test to rule out valve/ring issues. It could also be a bad catalytic converter plugging up your exhaust system. I'd run a scan-tool on it and see if you have any OBD II codes.[/QUOTE

Stuck float for fuel level in gas tank. If it only happens up hill. Check the tank
Good call. I think you are correct.

Back when I was hauling dirt into a windmill farm a newbie trusted the gauges on these slightly older rigs. One thing that hasn't charged with semi's is how untrustworthy the fuel gauges are, An old-timer like myself NEVER trusts them, Ypu open the tank and look to see how much fuel you have. Dude was going full-bore up a hill with a load and the fuel was all in the back of the tank. so he ran dry. Gotta get under the hood to prime the motor. The outfit that we were hauling for finally had the service truck give him enough fuel to get to a place that had diesel, but it was red-colored OFF-Road, no road tax fuel. They check for that at the Chicken-Coops (state-run weigh-stations). Lucky for him he didn't get caught in one. The driver pays the fine, not the company, and it's not a cheap fine either.