Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

battery drain

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2014, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery drain

i have a 02 suburban that will drain the battery if i dont start it every day. when i unplug the ctsy lp fuse under the hood it fixes my problem. im wondering if my bcm is not going to sleep and causeing this problem? or is there something else to look at? my lights was never left on and i dont just want to leave my fuse unpluged. please help!
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

More than likely you have a short in the ctsy circuit. Check each light one at a time. There could be a faulty switch that is allowing a partial drain without the light being on.
Old January 28th, 2014, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the info! Will give that a try
Old January 28th, 2014, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, I am having the same problem with a 2004 Z71 suburban how did you determine it was the ctsy lp fuse?

Unfortunately when I do a draw test it only reads 10ma, which is normal. At times it would spike to 50 for less than a second and return back to 10. Dealership cannot find problem, alternator/starter both okay and I am on my third battery. Dealership also updated many modules, still no luck.

With new battery I was able to go a week driving it daily, went out Sunday - dead, no start.

Any suggestions/help appreciated, I will also try pulling this fuse to see if it makes a difference. Again I wonder if bcm is not going to sleep.
Old January 29th, 2014, 8:50 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try also checking the drive belt tension. not enough tension can drain the battery. also loose terminal connections could be the culprit. i know it sounds a bit silly. but sometimes its the simple things
Old January 30th, 2014, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by webby00011
Hi, I am having the same problem with a 2004 Z71 suburban how did you determine it was the ctsy lp fuse?

Unfortunately when I do a draw test it only reads 10ma, which is normal. At times it would spike to 50 for less than a second and return back to 10. Dealership cannot find problem, alternator/starter both okay and I am on my third battery. Dealership also updated many modules, still no luck.

With new battery I was able to go a week driving it daily, went out Sunday - dead, no start.

Any suggestions/help appreciated, I will also try pulling this fuse to see if it makes a difference. Again I wonder if bcm is not going to sleep.
I just started pulling fuses till it drain my battery. It took a few days to find. Hope it works for you I know its frusrating as heck