Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

blower motor/resistor/fuse not working

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2020, 8:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

You don't seem to get it

Originally Posted by jphurst36
if i've replaced every single component and its still not working then what good is a dmm?
The DMM helps you find the source of the problem. Something that replacing parts hasn't done for you.

Originally Posted by jphurst36
if there was faulty wiring i would have encountered it long before now and this wouldn't be the only electrical issues i'd be having.
No. That makes no sense at all.

If you take the car to a mechanic, then I guarantee one of the first things he pulls out will be a DMM or test light. He'll print out an electrical schematic, and he'll start narrowing down the problem and eliminating possible causes.
If you don't want to do it the right way, and your methods failed, then maybe you should take it to a mechanic as Cusser suggested. Good luck.
Old February 10th, 2020, 4:01 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

how the plug look on the blower motor resistor? they can melt and not have a good contact
Old February 10th, 2020, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do appreciate your time responding to my post, but i was actually hoping to find someone who has ran into the same issue and has experience with troubleshooting the problem and providing some feedback as to what the solution was for him or her to aid me in getting to a solution. So far you've said to get a DMM and troubleshoot, but if you don't have a schematic to provide to me and detailed steps as to what to probe where and what the expectations are then your feedback and commentary is useless. putting a test light on the circuit doesn't tell you if you've got the correct voltage or its pulling the correct current. it just indicates power so that's not very sound advice. in the future if you don't know the answer and can't help me get there just keep your comments to yourself. if you don't know the circuit and can't tell me based on what all I've replace where else i should be looking then you have no experience with this issue and thus once again your commentary is meaningless and useless so like mommy told you growing up, just keep your mouth shut.
anyone else out there actually run into this problem and get to a solution?
Old February 10th, 2020, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

i replaced the control unit with the unit from my truck. it didn't solve the problem.
Old February 10th, 2020, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

the plug on the blower motor resistor was fine, however it has since been replaced. i took the individual crimped wires from the stock connector and put them into the replacement unit. no melting or signs of overheating
Old February 10th, 2020, 9:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Sounds like you already know everything, daddy wasn't around, and mommy didn't raise you with manners. Have fun.