Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Brake & ABS light on dash

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2010, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the same issue...i unplugged and re-plugged all connections....good so far!
Old September 12th, 2012, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Chris, could you list the connections you did? I tried that but my light stays on so I may have missed the bad connection. Trying the connections before replacing the module!

THanks!
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your message. After reading the information I am sure that my module has also gone out. I had gone for pizza and when I left the store my ABS light was on. When I got home I could hear a pump running pretty louldly and had no idea what it was but knew my battery would be dead come morning. I crawled under the Suburban and found the ABS pump running. The only way I could stop it was to pull the ABS fuse.

The pump should not be damaged, but I think I will price it and think about replacing it as well as the EBCM. I could replace it at anytime, I just don't like thinking I am going to break down late in a bad place when I could have changed it for a little more money. Generally it only cost a little more to go first class, LOL, just add one more zero
Old October 8th, 2019, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2002 Tahoe with the same problem. Brakes work fine (although needing replacement, so I will see if light remains after the brake job). After some reading and research, I'm gonna try disconnecting and cleaning the connectors as well (former elect tech). If that does the trick, I'll also apply some sealer around the connectors to protect them from winter wet and grime.

If that doesn't work, I'm opting for a replacement to see if that works out. Before you go to a mechanic and drop a grand for their crazy labor costs and markups, know that you can buy a highly rated ECBM from AutoZone for less than $200 (at least for most GM C/K trucks and SUVs). I figure for that price, and knowing that if it fails I can always return to AutoZone, it is worth a shot.

Instead of a Tech2, I'm looking into an ODBII reader that connects to my phone. I've searched around just a bit and BlueDriver keeps coming up as a top choice, even among pros. Any input?