Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can you make heads or tails of this?

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2007, 4:06 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Can you make heads or tails of this?

Ok, well hopefully gmgeek may have the pins I need to just add the drain wire to the c3 and c1 connectors. I wonder if they both take the round pins, or if one or the other uses the square style? I know the c1 is the round one, didnt look at the c3? Gmgeek????

If I can get C1 pin 4 and 5 out I will juse GMGeeks complete setup!

If I use the existing setup and just add the drain wire. Can I simply twis one end of the connector to twist the wires???? Explain/define your definition of twisting the wires???
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my kit from JP today. I twisted the wires they gave me with my handy dewalt. Hooked it all up and no engine noise that everyone is speaking of. Not sure what the deal was with other peoples but mines great. Only problem im trying to deal with now is that my GPS words on the screen have a slash threw it and after 30 mins of having the truck on it wont go away.
Old March 15th, 2007, 11:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have the radio flashed at a dealer yet?
Old March 16th, 2007, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

got my kit from JP for the nav install...I have the voice rec hooked up and.... NO noise! whooooo hooo! I do like I would normally for a stereo install and twisted the wires, wrapped them and then connected them. I have no engine noise everyone else is speaking of. Now I need to get set up for the back up camera and im good to go!
Old March 16th, 2007, 5:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you didn't say whether the radio is flashed yet? If not you would not hear any noise as the radio change disables ALL audio until it is flashed.
Old March 16th, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

anyone have any suggestions as to where I can mount or how I can mount a back up camera on my 07 avalanche? I cant mount it like I would on my tahoe. I need a camera I can tie into my factory nav with the JP customs wiring...so I guess something with the RCAs to connect to.
Old March 16th, 2007, 8:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I observed this whining noise today at a dealer on another person's Tahoe. The noise is most noticable with the radio OFF, you can hear the whine increase with acceleration through the speakers. I just happened to be there picking up another keyless remote and overheard the conversation among the service personnel - so I told them where to look for a fix. All they did was reseat the onstar connector and the noise was gone. I should have charged them for one hour.............
Old March 16th, 2007, 8:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EliteDetailOC

anyone have any suggestions as to where I can mount or how I can mount a back up camera on my 07 avalanche? I cant mount it like I would on my tahoe. I need a camera I can tie into my factory nav with the JP customs wiring...so I guess something with the RCAs to connect to.
look into the factory mount location and see if you can replicate
Old March 16th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

gene...i didnt need it programed as the NAV was brand new.

As for the factory mount location, its in the tailgate handle, dealer wants like 500 bucks for the handle with camera. screw all that.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok guys, I have read and stuied every thread on this topic and also ZX's topics.......

07 Hoe - LT

I have - 15940102 - Which is the new replacement for the 66 model.
The - 15948136 - Which is the read DVD unit..
The -Gen 3 Lock Pick - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200102115703

My question is - 15921872 is the harness that goes from the head unit to the rear DVD, I think? ZX? biglg? TMW??
Maybe it is already in the roof liner???

I think that is the only part I am missing.....

I Cannot WAIT to try this and all of your great help is much appreciated.. MUCH appreciated.

I too will send pictures once I get this sucker going.... I am sure you will hear questions from me before SUCCESS.

Thanks again guys, This forums rocks.

Matt

Quick Reply: Can you make heads or tails of this?