Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can you make heads or tails of this?

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2006, 12:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can you make heads or tails of this?

ORIGINAL: biglg

TMW,

I think I may have been wrong about on thing. I think the pins 2 & 4 on the back of the onstar box plug are from the left to right. So 2 is farther on the left, and 4 is on the right. This is while sitting in the seat and the onstar box in its original position. I would be able to confirm this if I could get to see the back of the onstar box!

The exact opposite for the plug that goes in the radio, C1 as we have called it. I know the pins are from right to left 1234 etc.

I wont know for 100% sure until next week. I broke one of the little female connectors that goes into the C1 harness and have to have JPcustoms mail me some more.
Do you have an AOL or MSN instant messenger screen name? If so PM me with it. I'd like to chat on this a little bit.
Old December 9th, 2006, 1:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM Sent
Old December 15th, 2006, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ut OH

I just bought a 15882767 nav non-rear dvd radio and a 15201798 gps antenna to upgrade my '07 Tahoe LT. Doesn't quite sound as easy to install as I thought. Remove the old OE radio, replug, all the GPS antenna, replug, but re-wireing harness???? (I dont have rear screen, or rear camera) I've been searching the thread for tips. Anyone have a quick step by step to do list? I bought from GMpartsdirect.com so I might not get the harness wire changes? Also whats the part # for the DVD's? I had read 15807780 and the newer 15934919 but neither brought anything up parts wise there.
Old December 15th, 2006, 4:07 PM
CF Addict

The install is rather easy. Please see the link below and read the post. ZX has given very good instructions on the process.

https://chevroletforum.com/m_5604/tm.htm
Old December 16th, 2006, 3:34 PM
CF Active Member

I just upgraded my 2007 LT3 with the factory nav unit (got it new in box off ebay) this mourning. Everything works well except i can't get the nav to reroute or give turn by turn directions or voice prompts.
Questions?
1)I did not connect from the Brown pin conector C4 grn/wht wire #5(vehicle speed singal) , if I connect this wire will this fix the issue?
2)I don't care if I have the voice recognition, so is their any other reason to wire the on star unit to pin connector C1 wire #4 &#5?
3)If every thing seems to work is their any reason to get the dealer to run tech 2 on my truck?
PS Thank you every on this site for the info, the install only took a hour because of all your help.
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM
CF Addict

Jritchey,
I wish i had the answers. But I dont. ZX probably would be best for this. I am guess since you didnt use the JP customs wiring harness for the speed signal wire or hook up the voice recognition that is the reason. Personally the harness from JP customs is $25, with what you spent you might as well perform the last step, it is cheap enough!

As for the tech II i thought they all had to have it done? It also might be the reason things arent working correctly. I really dont know.

For everyone else I finally got my onstar wires going into 4 & 5 holes on the connector and everything works great. However I hear some whinning now through the speakers that is in sequence with the gas pedal. It isnt terrible, but it can be heard. ANy ideas?
Old December 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks for your input
One other question. Did you splice or tap the grn/wht vehicle speed signal wire when you did your install.That wire is bundled up with 50 other wire and I don't want to have to tear the dash apart to find the end of it.
Old December 17th, 2006, 6:44 PM
CF Addict

The wiring kit/harness's that you get from JP Customs for $25 includes a wire splice connector and male/female spade. (cant remember if it was male or female, doesnt matter either way) What you do is your clip the connector over the green/white wire. The wire you run from the head unit to the green/white wire left of the brake pedal will have a green male or female connector and you plug it into the connector you clipped on the green/white wire. I dont know the technicla terms for these items. But basically you dont cut anything, just clip the connector onto the green white wire and plug the wire into it from the back of the radio. It is very simple!
Old December 17th, 2006, 9:28 PM
CF Active Member

I got it. once I taped into the grn/wht wire the voice prompts and reroute began to work.
I have a appoint for tue for the tech 2 but I think everything is workingso I may cancel it.

GM lock pick coming onWednesday so I am am sure I will have morequestions.

thanks for all the help, this sitei'm sure saved me at least $200 on the install cost.
Old December 17th, 2006, 9:45 PM
CF Addict

Awesome, I am glad you got it working. Did you have the JP customs kit? Or did you create your own harness? I am interested to know. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Can you make heads or tails of this?