Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can't eject disc from 2015 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2015, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't eject disc from 2015 Suburban

Help! We are on a road trip and just got back into the car and the DVD the kids were watching will not play, even worse we get the message that there is no video disc inserted. It is most definitely in there because it will not allow us to put another DVD in there and no one took it out.

I have tried turning off the power, holding down the power and eject button, holding down the eject button for a long time - nothing. I tried sticking a credit card in the player, but you can't even put anything in there because there are these two little tabs that block the opening (probably so you don't accidentally stick two discs in). Really need to figure this out quick or it's going to be a very long ride home! Thank you!
Old August 18th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

When that happened to my wife's 2004 Tahoe we had to pull the DVD player and send it back to the company for repair.
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2015s under warranty. stop by a dealer.
Old August 19th, 2015, 2:52 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

+1 on Stopping at any GM vehicle dealership.... preferably the ones that would have this line of vehicles, Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac...
Old May 4th, 2022, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you ever find a solution to this?

I’m having this same issue on my 2016 Suburban. The two little tabs blocking disc entry and the video option is greyed out and no power to the player.

Originally Posted by 3littletykes
Help! We are on a road trip and just got back into the car and the DVD the kids were watching will not play, even worse we get the message that there is no video disc inserted. It is most definitely in there because it will not allow us to put another DVD in there and no one took it out.

I have tried turning off the power, holding down the power and eject button, holding down the eject button for a long time - nothing. I tried sticking a credit card in the player, but you can't even put anything in there because there are these two little tabs that block the opening (probably so you don't accidentally stick two discs in). Really need to figure this out quick or it's going to be a very long ride home! Thank you!