Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Clunk noise when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2020, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Silverado 1500 clunk

Originally Posted by jhawkins
I have been having problems with my 07 Tahoe. When I come to a complete stop or slow down to first or second gear and then accelerate there is a loud clunk noise. I initially thought it might be the transmission slipping. I took it into the dealer and they could not find anything wrong with the transmission.

My father-in-law happen to be riding with me and told me it sounded like the u joint to him. I did notice that riding in the rear of the vehicle the sound was much more prominent. I took it back to the dealer and they told me thatthe slip yoke was "out of clearance". They then greased and packed the joint and said that it should fix the problem. I have been searching the internet today and noticed that many older model Tahoes had the same problem. Anyone else having the same problem with their 07 Tahoe?????

I also had problem with the loud wind noise on the driver side of the car. They said they followed the TSB but it does not seem to make a difference.I am about to take it back into the dealer to get them to do something else.

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500, just replace both U Joints and slip yolk, still clunks, FML...
Old June 15th, 2020, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1992 gmc sierra 2500 truck

My truck makes this terrible loud clunk when i accelerate & turn at the sametime..inclines, dead stop..it sounds like something broke what is it?
The following users liked this post:
BlaiseMc (June 26th, 2022)
Old August 4th, 2020, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any update?

Originally Posted by sophiag
Hopefully someone can help me on here... my 2011 Tahoe LTZ has had this problem appear in the last 2 days.. the clunk only occurs with heavy acceleration from stop so it's only happened 3 times so far. Everything I'm reading is talking about these slip yokes but a coworker told me it sounds more like a broken sway bar link? Anyone know about that?
Hello sophiag,
I have the same vehicle, 2011 Tahoe LTZ 104,000 miles. Same exact issue. Only from stops. I plan on replacing the transmission mount Monday. If it helps ill follow up, if I know how. Im new to this forum business. Good luck, Chevy on.
The following users liked this post:
Tx_Perez80 (May 21st, 2021)