Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

coolant temp

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2017, 11:26 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant temp

2013 impala, 3.4 ltr.

had the 'engine hot, a/c off message'. I replaced the coolant temp sensor. now it seems like it takes a while to get a comfortable temperature in the car. thermostat opening too soon? where is the temp needle supposed to be (on the temp gauge)
Old December 13th, 2022, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

I have no leaks coming out of any hoses and they are not too old. I was thinking of putting another water pump in it but a guy told that it's circulating cuz you can see it from the place you put the coolant on cuz I have a closed radiator. I been looking at videos galore tryna see if someone has the same problem but so far I see nothing
Old December 14th, 2022, 12:38 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeeda
I have no leaks coming out of any hoses and they are not too old. I was thinking of putting another water pump in it but a guy told that it's circulating cuz you can see it from the place you put the coolant on cuz I have a closed radiator. I been looking at videos galore tryna see if someone has the same problem but so far I see nothing
Should be coolant coming out the weep hole on bottom of the pump. You can pull the serpentine belt off and turn it by hand to see if it turns freely as well.

Old December 14th, 2022, 8:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Should be coolant coming out the weep hole on bottom of the pump.
Above, if a water pump is leaking from its shaft seal.

Make sure that ALL the air has been bled out of the cooling system to help heat in vehicle and for temperature gauge to get to normal operating temperature.
Old December 14th, 2022, 8:57 AM
CF Beginner

The weep hose? Are you talking about the hose that splits into a Y?
Old December 14th, 2022, 9:06 AM
CF Pro Member

The weep hose? Are you talking about the hose that splits into a Y?
No, he's saying that a leaky water pump shaft seal can cause some coolant leakage or "weeping" out the small weep hole at the bottom of the water pump.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (December 16th, 2022)
Old December 14th, 2022, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

My needle gauge barely moves. Even driving for awhile it barely moves. It never goes pass the first thick line. It's winter time and it only blows out luke warm air..
Old December 14th, 2022, 9:39 AM
CF Pro Member

What temperature thermostat do you use? On my 1988 Mazda truck, I got mediocre heat with 180F thermostat, but I get great heat with 195F thermostat (fast and hot).
Old December 14th, 2022, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Oh your talking about that little hole. I thought you was saying hose. But I'll check that today and I used a burping kit but didn't much happen when I used it and I ran my Tahoe for awhile about 15 to 25 minutes too. Should i raise my truck real high when I redo it?
Old December 14th, 2022, 11:14 AM
CF Pro Member

Oh your talking about that little hole. I thought you was saying hose. But I'll check that today and I used a burping kit but didn't much happen when I used it and I ran my Tahoe for awhile about 15 to 25 minutes too. Should i raise my truck real high when I redo it?
I raise the front end about 6 to 10 inches to help bleed out all the air on my 1988 Mazda truck, 1998 Frontier, and 2004 Frontier. I run the engine for like 20 minutes and keep topping off with 50/50 coolant as necessary.
The following users liked this post:
Skeeda (December 14th, 2022)

Quick Reply: coolant temp