Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

crack/tear in drivers seat, 07 Suburban, GM Certified used

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crack/tear in drivers seat, 07 Suburban, GM Certified used

We bought our 07 Suburban about 3 months ago, haven't even put 3K miles on it yet and a crack/tear appeared the other day on the drivers seat. It's certified used so is it covered under the gm 12K/12month bumper to bumper warranty?

Name:  101_2510.jpg
Views: 2133
Size:  24.5 KB
Name:  101_2512.jpg
Views: 2143
Size:  22.0 KB
Old October 11th, 2011, 1:53 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default leather

I doubt it, but if they dealer made a nice profit, they might try to keep you happy...
Old October 11th, 2011, 3:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I doubt it...
I would think otherwise. That bumper to bumper warranty should cover everything on your vehicle for an entire year, or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first). I could be wrong, but I tend to think that a tear in the seat would be covered, and hence get fixed at no cost to you. Either way, it doesn't hurt to take it to your local dealer and find out.
Old October 12th, 2011, 8:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ed1le,
The general rule of thumb is that if the issue can be traced back to a manufacture's defect then the issue will be covered under the bumper to bumper. I would recommend that you talk to your dealer for more specific information.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 12th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Banned

If you or anyone before you Amoral it and it cracked,not covered.That stuff dries it out to create the crack.
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Only owned car for 3 months, doesn't even have 47K miles on it. I'll contact the dealer I guess and see what happens.
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Banned

please update once you know
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
CF Junior Member

I will. Car was represented as a one owner with no accidents per CarFax report yet it's had at least the front bumper cover replaced. It has a GM sticker on the back of it dated 2009 so it obviously was in a front end collision of some sort at some point. I was pretty annoyed when I saw that so I'll be sure to let the dealer know about that as well.
Old October 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I take it that you didn't notice if it was there when you got it. If the dealer won't/can't stand behind it, check out an auto upholstery shop as they may be able to repair it since it's not in a normal wear area.

I agree w/ T. Neff on Armor-All. Stuff should be banned.
Old October 12th, 2011, 9:54 PM
CF Junior Member

It wasn't there when we got it or not bad enough to be visible. Doesn't seem like a spot where it should just crack though.

Quick Reply: crack/tear in drivers seat, 07 Suburban, GM Certified used