Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dash and Steering Wheel Lights out I can help

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2008, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash and Steering Wheel Lights out I can help

Hello everyone.
I know many of you including me have the notorious radio, climate control, steering wheel light syndrome with various bulbs out. In my search for the bulbs so I could replace them I found that no one knew where to get the bulbs or how to replace them. Seveal mentioned that the solder joints were cracked, but none of the 8 bulbs I replaced were like that. As a result of some exhaustive research and looking around I found the bulbs and replaced 12 of them. 8 in the climate control panel, 2 in the fuel trip switch in the steering wheel and 2 in the radio.

So here is the questions does anyone want to replace them or would be interested in having me replace them for a small fee? I ma not sure if there is a market out there for these bulb replacements but if you not really good with soldering or afraid of circuit boards I could do it for you if you wanted.

Hit me back and let me know if your interested. I found the bulbs in two places, Radio Shack part number 272-1154. These bulbs are not exactly the same but pretty damn close. They are a bit smaller in diameter but the blue rubber boots still slide over with out falling off. The second place I found them but have not purchased them was bulbtown.com Here is the site for the bulb I think is the same. http://www.bulbtown.com/MINIATURE_INDICATOR_BULBS_s/53.htm The top left bulb appears to be the same as the Radio and Climate control light. Here is the decription: 1024-SS-12 (12V/0.45W) BLUE DOT TEMPO SOLUTION REPLACEMENT LAMP

As for the steering wheel control lights, I made these bulbs work but the bulbs there do not have the white cap on the bottom. I removed it and bent the tabs to match the bulb that came out of the steering wheel switch. This bulb look more like the bulb in the steering wheel switch: OL2102-01 (LF-1) REPLACEMENT BULB, http://www.bulbtown.com/OL2102_01_LF_1_REPLACEMENT_BULB_p/0097.htm

Hope this info helps. Again, if anyone wanted to send me your unit I can replace all the bulbs in the cluster, radio or climate control for the price of the bulbs and small amount for labor which will include shipping it back to you.

Let me know
Keith
Old August 24th, 2010, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

How do you get to the bulbs in the steering wheel controls?
Old January 21st, 2012, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default Steering whell control, lights

I purchased the Radio Shack part number 272-1154. . The bulbs are too large to fit into the plastic sockets. I tried cutting off the plastic boot on the bulbs so they would fit in the sockets. Problem is when you try to bend the leads they break off.

I went to anTanner electronics supply company in Carrollton, Texas and found bulbs that have flexible leads. I am about to start trying to fit and soldier.
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

The bulbs can be replaced with Part # 7219 (Micro lamps) from The Source. [2 for $4.99]