Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Difference Between LS and LT Series?

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difference Between LS and LT Series?

thanks brotha.......performance is very good, ride quality is almost as good as stock due maily on these tires, the Pirelli Zero Assimetrico tires are THE BEST in my opinion..... just my 2c

ORIGINAL: Big D

chevere
your truck looks great.... how is the performance with the after market wheels?
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM
CF Junior Member

The bottom line is you have to decide what you can and can't live without and what you are willing to upgrade yourself. Like others said, you can addaftermarket parts to just about anything on the Tahoes nowadays (Leather, Console, Wheels, NAV, etc..) so its gonna be a matter of getting it costly from the dealer or cheaper to do it yourself.
When I considered the LS vs LT1 the two major sticking points for me (at my dealer) was all the LS had the smaller 4.8 engine without the Active Fuel Management System and they come with the bench front seats (useless IMO).I also wanted theOEM LTZ 20" wheels.Thats why I went with the LT1. I had to have the NEW 5.3 engine with AFMS and absolutely had to have the bucket front seats. I have upgraded to OEM 20's myself and saved $2,500. (Dealer wanted $4,000which is a ripoff) My Tahoe has all that I wanted now and I chose a little bit-do it myself and a little bit-dealer deal with it.

Good Luck on your Tahoe!
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine came with buckets in front and a jump seat... took the jump seat off and dropted a center console...done, and the 5.3 engine with the Active fuel management

ORIGINAL: jeffshelton12

The bottom line is you have to decide what you can and can't live without and what you are willing to upgrade yourself. Like others said, you can addaftermarket parts to just about anything on the Tahoes nowadays (Leather, Console, Wheels, NAV, etc..) so its gonna be a matter of getting it costly from the dealer or cheaper to do it yourself.
When I considered the LS vs LT1 the two major sticking points for me (at my dealer) was all the LS had the smaller 4.8 engine without the Active Fuel Management System and they come with the bench front seats (useless IMO).I also wanted theOEM LTZ 20" wheels.Thats why I went with the LT1. I had to have the NEW 5.3 engine with AFMS and absolutely had to have the bucket front seats. I have upgraded to OEM 20's myself and saved $2,500. (Dealer wanted $4,000which is a ripoff) My Tahoe has all that I wanted now and I chose a little bit-do it myself and a little bit-dealer deal with it.

Good Luck on your Tahoe!
Old April 17th, 2007, 4:08 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I'd rather have an old 1995 Tahoe LS 2WD up on blocks in my front yard then a shiny new Chrysler anything.[:-]
Yeah man, I'll second that.

I would mutch rather see my sister in a ***** house then my brother driving a Cyrysler...
Old April 18th, 2007, 2:02 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I gather your sis is not internet savvy.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 1:46 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: kcw002

We have an LS... Yeah, you are gonna spend a few coins to get it where you want it, but I think we save tons...

Matching color handles/mirrors $200 or less [sold the old ones for .01]
OE 20s $1500 [sold the old ones for $400]
Leather at the dealer3/rows $1400 [wife had to have have it - her truck]
Full console $120 [sold the junp seat for $145]

working on a homelink project right now.... We are thrilled w/ the LS. We joke & call it an LSZ...
I will settle with LST All I am looking for is the console. Could you tell me how did you get yours for
only $120 ? I was not able to find one for ebony interior anywhere. If I part one together from dealer's parts it will cost me over $1300 according to guy from parts department. That is pure theft from GM.
The jump seat is a joke, nobody can sit on it ( I do not have use for it anyway) and the hole in the center is a joke as well, since it does not have a cover. GM screwed this one up big time.
Old September 26th, 2007, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Well I am feeling pretty good about my deal. I got my 2007 LS ( 5.3 Flex w 3rd Row Seats, NOT leather ) with 27K miles on it for 26.9. The smoothest, quietiest riding vehicle I have ever driven. I own a Acura 2001 CL-S with Headers and Intake. This is my wife's Puppy. She loves it! Look like she's driving a Tank.
Old September 27th, 2007, 6:43 AM
CF Beginner

kcw,
Where did you find the full console? I've got an LS and would love to make that swap. The jump seat is pretty much worthless to me.
Thanks
Old September 27th, 2007, 8:59 AM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: chevere

BS... mine came with all I need it 5.3 engine, power everything etc...and nothing I didn't (suspention,4x4 etc)

I did some mods and mine looks better than any tahoe you can get from the dealer.... escalade rack, GM chrome door handles, custom 100% leather int (not just the seaing areas), 26" wheels, wood dash.
I think my dealer LTZ looks better.
Old September 27th, 2007, 4:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TahoeG8R07
As with most everything else they are available on Ebay. They cost a pretty penny though. There are more of the tan than ebony on there so good luck.

Titanium...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...em270167397515

Ebony...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...em200156263282