Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Disable Auto Dimming

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2013, 7:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi,

Hopefully if I read everything correctly. I am glad everyone has resolved their issues for the dimming control. Every month we are able to drive/sit in our GM vehicles. I try to learn all the features I see here on the forum to be a better guide. I'll try to ask what other features your vehicle has Joe In NY, next month.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And my drivers mirror lightens when I put it in reverse. I gave it a try this week end.
Old September 14th, 2021, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dimming Mirror

I'mwith you on this. I've had my Equinoxfor a year and it just came on somehow at 6:30 am. I could not see if a vehicle was next to me as I was getting on the highway. My rear view mirror did the same. Are they wanting an accident to happen. It needs to go. I just have to first figure out how to turn it off. Ugh!!!!
Originally Posted by Joe In NY
I hate this, hate hate hate hate it with a burning passion. My rearview mirror and drivers do this and I can't ever see a dam thing at night! Thankfully it doesn't work on the passenger mirror so I can at least see. I almost got into an accident because of this feature and don't want to do it again.

How on earth do I disable it?
Old August 2nd, 2023, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Joe In NY
Hmmm, I always thought that was for the temp and direction display. My old burb, if you hit ON/OFF or F/C both would turn off the display in the mirror.

if you press and hold the one on the rear view it will turn the little green light off and the auto dark even with the display
Old August 2nd, 2023, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Nerda367
I'mwith you on this. I've had my Equinoxfor a year and it just came on somehow at 6:30 am. I could not see if a vehicle was next to me as I was getting on the highway. My rear view mirror did the same. Are they wanting an accident to happen. It needs to go. I just have to first figure out how to turn it off. Ugh!!!!

press and hole the on/off till the little green light to the left of it goes off and it will be disabled
Old October 3rd, 2023, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default 'disable until I turn back on...?

Originally Posted by brhab
press and hole the on/off till the little green light to the left of it goes off and it will be disabled
I see this quoted through out these threads. But it seems this only turns it of for a cycle of power. When I turn key back on and typically put on reverse - there it is again. Black and dark mirrors.
There has to be a way to disable the dimming feature... Anyone...?
Old October 3rd, 2023, 8:33 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Personally I never figured out the logic in not having the psgr side mirror dim also.
Mrs. Cusser had a 1982 Firebird. The driver side mirror was electrically controlled (where driver could simply roll down window to move/aim it) but the passenger side was manual, so driver would need to exit vehicle a few times and aim by trial & error.