Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Disable WiFi in 2022 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2022 | 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Default Disable WiFi in 2022 Tahoe

I have a 2022 Tahoe and have already tried to disable the WiFi network by disabling OnStar completely so the light is off, and I have tried pulling fuses and have not had any luck. I am now suspecting that the Android Automotive infotainment system is the culprit as it is constantly broadcasting a WiFi network of its own. This was not happening in the 2021s with the Chevy infotainment 3 OS as I could just switch off WiFi in the infotainment system.

My plan is to physically disconnect the WiFi radio from behind the glove box.
But this seems like it would be very complicated so does anyone else have suggestions?

my reason for wanting to disconnect the WiFi hotspot is I use my vehicle for work; I’m an FCC tech and my job is to measure the RF outputs of cell towers, and the car interferes with my readings.
Old July 30th, 2022 | 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

There is a switch to disable Wi-Fi on Chevy app. It will turn the WiFi off.

Originally Posted by Loona1420
I have a 2022 Tahoe and have already tried to disable the WiFi network by disabling OnStar completely so the light is off, and I have tried pulling fuses and have not had any luck. I am now suspecting that the Android Automotive infotainment system is the culprit as it is constantly broadcasting a WiFi network of its own. This was not happening in the 2021s with the Chevy infotainment 3 OS as I could just switch off WiFi in the infotainment system.

My plan is to physically disconnect the WiFi radio from behind the glove box.
But this seems like it would be very complicated so does anyone else have suggestions?

my reason for wanting to disconnect the WiFi hotspot is I use my vehicle for work; I’m an FCC tech and my job is to measure the RF outputs of cell towers, and the car interferes with my readings.