Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dome lights wont come on

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
jbsavage_24,

If the bulbs are working when you press the buttons, the switch in the door may be bad. So they work, but not when you open the doors right? If so, you may have to have the dealer fix it for you.

You stated you didn't receive a manual, here's a link to a digital copy: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...olet-Tahoe.pdf

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Thanks for the link Louis-Other manuals are available on that site at:
Index of /owners-manual

Great post.
Old November 10th, 2014, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Suburban-Dome lights won't come on

Any ideas on why the dome lights won't come on? Tried the dome switch, tried the fuses. Nothing seems to work.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Blown fuse

Blown tbc fuse inside the vehicle. Its a little 15 amp fuse
Old March 12th, 2016, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jbsavage_24
I just bought a repo suburban LTZ. I cant get the dome lights to come on when I open the doors. The dealership said maybe the switch in the door might be bad. I can't find it. Can someone help please?
Here is the answer. I had the same problem. There is a bottom that says "dome light on/off". You are probably not going to notice it. It is NOT the long button that you push in and out. Instead it is a the button right above that which actually looks like part of the dashboard. Push it, and your problem will be solved. I had this same problem and didn't notice this button. Now my dome light comes on when I open the door.
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default done light

Originally Posted by Number94
Here is the answer. I had the same problem. There is a bottom that says "dome light on/off". You are probably not going to notice it. It is NOT the long button that you push in and out. Instead it is a the button right above that which actually looks like part of the dashboard. Push it, and your problem will be solved. I had this same problem and didn't notice this button. Now my dome light comes on when I open the door.

That fixed it. Thanks
Old October 16th, 2021, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jbsavage_24
How about the right turn signal up front not working. I have changed the bulb and still nothing. The bulb lights up but doesn't blink and neither does the mirror light. Could it be a short? I think the issue with the dome lights is probably the door switch because the lights on the mirrors don't come on either. Is that something I can fix myself. If not what do you think it will cost to fix?

I know its an old post, but looking for a solution... 09 GMC Sierra, right front signal light, and dome lights are not coming on when door opens. Bulbs are good and I'm aware of the sneaky dome override switch and all fuses are good. Any suggestions?
Old April 30th, 2022, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had the same issue and finally got it solved.

So I had the same problem. Some lights would go on manually but not by opening doors. Checked fuses, override button, door latches, tried a new whole light switch module, etc and nothing. Finally figured it must be a delay and it was. It’s the inadvertent power relay in the relay box down low under the co sole to left of steering wheel. It was fried. Now everything works!
The following users liked this post:
repairman54 (May 1st, 2022)