Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

early 2000's Tahoe Autoride fault

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2012, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default early 2000's Tahoe Autoride fault

I recently replaced my badly worn rear autoride shocks with simple aftermarket Monroe Airshocks bought online. These simple 'old-school' shocks of course do not interact with the autoride system on my 2001 Tahoe and I now have a "service ride control" fault displayed constantly. Searching online and calling 2 aftermarket shock manufacturers in Florida, I've found that there seems to be a a kit available that plugs into the vehicle wiring for the shocks that I assume will kill the fault light on the dash...my problem is these companies wont sell me the plug kits solely as I didn't buy their entire shock kit, which includes the shocks as well as the plugs to defeat the fault light. Does anyone know the resistance value of a typical autoride shock? I'm thinking I now need to manually wire in the proper resistance value between the leads going to the shocks and this will, once and for all kill the dash fault light. Ayyone else been down this road...guessing so! any help/advice would be appreciated...I'm getting tired of looking at that bright orange fault light on my dash all the time.