Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Electrical question

Old September 9th, 2018, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical question

I recently swapped 350's, same year. Everything went together seamlessly, except one thing. There's a white wire with a black stripe under the air filter housing, oassenger side, and only reaching to the alternator/smog pump area. I used a wire to touch it to the engine and it blew the key-switch-on fuse. What does it go to? Or at least what is it for? I can't find it anywhere in the Chilton's manual I have.

Thanks for your help!
Old September 10th, 2018, 6:59 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 19Mater86
I recently swapped 350's, same year. Everything went together seamlessly, except one thing. There's a white wire with a black stripe under the air filter housing, oassenger side, and only reaching to the alternator/smog pump area. I used a wire to touch it to the engine and it blew the key-switch-on fuse. What does it go to? Or at least what is it for? I can't find it anywhere in the Chilton's manual I have.

Thanks for your help!
Might be for an under-the-hood lighting bulb.

Can it reach as far as the AC Compressor?

Last edited by oilcanhenry; September 10th, 2018 at 7:02 PM.
Old September 10th, 2018, 7:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric choke?
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

It can reach as far as the alternator. Comes out of the wire harness for the smog pump and alternator. Have the electric choke wire (also from the harness) connected.
Old September 13th, 2018, 2:58 PM
CF Senior Member

What type of end is on it?and was it in use before?shiny spot on connector?
Old September 13th, 2018, 3:43 PM
CF Senior Member

Looked in old book,those years had a bunch of stuff on them,found no white wire/b,but there was a idle stop solenoid
Old September 13th, 2018, 3:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

It's not impossible for a generic wiring harness that that connector dosn't go anywhere on you vehicle.
Old September 13th, 2018, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

It's a female disconnect end. It was not in use before. The old engine was modified greatly due to someone not liking the fact that it had emissions stuff on it. Where was the idle stop solenoid located?
Old September 13th, 2018, 5:13 PM
CF Senior Member

It showed it as mounted in front of throttle lever where cable attached,what for?couldn't find,extra part,lol
Old September 13th, 2018, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 19Mater86

Thanks for your help!
afternoon depending on where you live obviously
so i have looked at the electrical diagrams for your vehicle year and the only white/black wire has something to do with the data link controller i found it on the engine control system wiring diagram not sure if it helps i am still trying to figure out what if anything it should be attached to. i will get back to you if i find anything definite.
cheers

Search this Thread