Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front passenger door power

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2006, 6:16 PM
davemec

Default Front passenger door power

The other day I lost all power to the front passenger door. Windows and locks would not work when using the buttons on the door or the buttons on the driver door. Had to turn the car off and start it again to get it back to normal. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Front passenger door power

The cause of these conditions may be due to a software anomaly within the driver and passenger door switches.

Have your dealer service dept do the following in acordance with Corporate Bulletin Number #06-08-64-014A
Using SPS and Pass-Thru method, reprogram the driver door switch (DDS) and passenger door switch (PDS) with updated software calibrations. These new service calibrations were released with TIS satellite data update version 2.75 / 2006. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

After the reprogramming is completed, check and clear all DTCs that may have set as a result of the programming process.
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:10 AM
davemec

ZX1100F1 thanks for the reply.

I will ask my service dept to do what you say, but sometimes they seem to not like when I bring information like that in to them. I did it with my Trailblazer and they told me that the info on the internet isn't usually right. Sometimes I don;t think they like that we can access this information. Do you recommend a good way in bringing this information up to them?

Also, in your post are you telling me to make sure I have the updated Tech 2 and to clear all DTCs or is that the bulletin?

From reading you posts it appears that you work for GM service and wanted to ask you why the service depts don;t just check for all available updates when someone brings their car in for service, they just look for updates to fix a problem the customer states. It seems that if there is an update then I would want it even if I haven;t seen the problem yet.

Again thanks for the help.
Old August 9th, 2006, 1:20 PM
CF Addict

Dave,
I understand 100% what you mean about bringing in internet info to the dealership service dept, they don't like to be told what to do by somebody outside the loop, not to mention that there is a lot of bad info on the web.

Just be tactful and ask them to check and see if Corporate Service Bulletin Number #06-08-64-014A may apply in your case, leave out the part about were you got this info.

I do not work for GM’s service division.

The main reason that service departments don’t automatically check for (and install) TIS updates when you bring your vehicle in for service is twofold; primarily it is the lack of manpower, access to the proper equipment (most service dept’s have only 1 or 2 Tech II devices) and also the old adage “if it aint broke don’t fix it” is applied.
There is also the problem of “who’s going to pay for it?”; GM only wants to pay for a repair (understandably) and the dealer or its service technicians don’t want to work for nothing.

Your best course of action (as a customer) is to simply ask the service advisor if they would be kind enough to check for any software updates that apply to your Tahoe when you take it in, maybe even offer to pay a reasonable fee for that service, 90% of the dealers will do at no charge if asked nicely during a service.
Old August 9th, 2006, 3:08 PM
davemec

Thanks for the info. Sorry to assume you worked for GM service.
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
davemec

ZX,

I had the dealership fix this problem according to the bulletin you posted, and so far it seems that the problem is gone. My question for you is now I notice that when I lock the windows using the button on the driver door, the passenger door window control can still be used to control the window. Do you know if this is related, or is this a new problem? Thanks for all the help.
Old September 25th, 2006, 2:28 AM
CF Addict

Dave,
Reference your owners manual and you will find that for 2007 the Power Window Lockout Switch only disarms the rear windows now.
Old September 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
davemec

Sorry about that, I should have checked first to see if they were working correctly according to the manual. Again, thanks for all the help.