Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Have You Experienced This?

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2008, 7:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have You Experienced This?

ZX, where did you buy the Hertz speakers?
Old March 4th, 2008, 7:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bougth them here:

http://www.carconceptsslc.com/Store/...roducts_id=168

I didn't even realize that Hertz Audio speakers were all that difficult to find until I just Googled them.
these speakers are very efficient so they get loud with OEM power and sound extremely good if mounted properly; it took me two tries and speaker adapters to finally get it right, don't just screw your new speakers into the sheet-metal.
Old March 5th, 2008, 8:28 AM
CF Active Member

ZX,

Thanks for the info on the Hertz speakers. I went to their website and was surprised that none of their info on locations to purchase their products are in the United States. I also have another sound system related question. Is it advisable to purchase a Clean Sweep unit when upgrading the sound systemor is that something for only the high end sound systems? TIA - your assistance is always appreciated.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
CF Addict

I see Hertz speakers on Ebay from time to time and Car Concepts will most likely ship them if you give them a call.
I would also be happy to pick up and ship you a set if you would like via PayPal.
a pair of the ECX 165 speakers has an MSRP of $129 I can buy them for $80.13 and then just what ever shipping cost is to you, they probably weigh 5 or 6 lbs so $100 total at the most for Priority Mail to the East Coast.

The CleanSweep unit is only for high end applications where you use an OEM head unit but want to gow with some serious amps and speakers.
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:20 PM
CF Active Member

Car Concepts recommended new Pioneer speakers made of some sort of volcanic rock material.

The TS-D702C for the front which comes complete with the 6" midranges for the doors and the small tweeters. It's a 4-speaker solution for the front of the Tahoe. Then for the rear door speakers, a set of theTS-D602P.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
CF Active Member

What difference does having the Bose sound system (2007 Tahoe) make in the above comments? I had a guy at Ultimate Electronics tell me that BOSE was an acronym for Better Off w Something Else... He was the car stereo installer. Any recommendations or are they the same recomendations?

Thanks... G..
Old March 6th, 2008, 1:58 PM
CF Addict

Mary,
The person that you spoke to at Car Concepts recommended the Pioneers, don't listen to them.

Some installers dislike Bose factory systems for two reasons , one being that the most consumers will consider the Bose system good enough and not spend the dough to upgrade it.
the other is that if they do choose to upgrade and not all the Bose gear is to be removed the interfaces can be a pain in the neck to get right.
Old March 6th, 2008, 6:39 PM
CF Active Member

I have the non-Bose system. I actually am interested to see what TMW597 says after he installs his Fosgate unit.

Once I listened to hubby's Bose system that is in his Silverado, I knew I was going to have to do something about the sound in my Tahoe. I've gotten so many "ya need to do this...yata yata" from different audio shops.Of course, all involvelots of $$.

I don't necessarily want the cheapest way out but I do want a clearer sounding system.