Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Headrest DVD, but dont like the chrome door handles

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2007, 1:46 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest DVD, but dont like the chrome door handles

Below is a picture of the GM dvd headrest set up. (I forget who makes it for them) But it is awsome in my opinion. Very easy to install, took about 1 1/2hrs. I recommend them for anyone with kids. Plays two dvds at once on separate screens or one dvd on both screens. Just thought I would share this.

Also I think I have a set of GM chrome handles for sale. If interested let me know. I put one side on today. (see pics) I was not that crazy about them with the white paint. Tell me what you guys think. I posted pics withchrome handles and without.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/159D3D7A8BF5422293EE4D059E92670E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/14F9AB89FD884D73BF5E77A21A7092EA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/A985941147784B559C436CA456E066F1.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 13th, 2007, 1:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Headrest DVD, but dont like the chrome door handles

If they are GM OEM's name your price. I'll let you know if the price is right.
Old January 13th, 2007, 2:02 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Personally not a big fan of lots of chrome but on your white truck with the chrome wheels, I think it comes off very good.
Old January 13th, 2007, 2:12 AM
CF Active Member

I paid $90.00 for them from Biglg. I will sell them for the same $90.00 shipped to your house. If anybody wants them let me know. Whoever is first. You can then paypalwith my account of Dbiggmon@aol.com.
Old January 13th, 2007, 2:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like your Tahoe without the chrome handles (although it looks fine with it). I had to search several Dealerships to find an LTZ that was made before the chrome package became standard on LTZ's. Chrome looks nice, but can easily be overdone. Your Wheels anf Grill are just the right amount, although I am very fond of the escalade lower mirror caps.
Old January 13th, 2007, 2:53 AM
CF Active Member

Ok thanks, I do like those escalade lower mirror caps also. I am afraid that if a get them I wont like them.
Old January 13th, 2007, 2:53 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Biggmon,

Thanks for buying those handles from me, I am glad I didnt put them on! HEHE. No in all seriousness I think they look better than I expected. However, I really like chrome, but only when it doesnt seem to break the look of the vehicle. I think the all white side of the vehicle looks better. The chrome handles break the look up, or something! This is just My Opinion, I am sure others will like the chrome better.

I personally am done with the chrome. I have chrome wheels, grille, and emblems. Oh yeah, and I added the chrome lower half mirror covers. I just hated the black bottoms. All white would have been preferred.

Either way you go, chrome handles or white it doesnt look bad at all. Like I said, I think it actually looks better than I had expected. Hell, the more I look at them on your Tahoe I think I may like them. I need to quit looking of I might have a set again!

What did you pay for your headrests? Ebay right? 800-1100? I want to get some but I would like to save some cash and buy the headrests and try to install them in my current headrests. Has anyone tried this?

Damn Biggmon, now you are making me want to lower it again. What are the specs on your tires? Any rubbing? You did the eiback kit, right?
Old January 13th, 2007, 3:14 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

Ok thanks, I do like those escalade lower mirror caps also. I am afraid that if a get them I wont like them.
If you get them, I will to -

Seriously, I like them, but I probably will not get them until I get bored down the road. I got to have something to look forward to. Maybe by then they will have body color lower caps, which like biglg would be my first choice.
Old January 13th, 2007, 3:21 AM
CF Active Member

Biglg,
The headrest were $1100.00 on ebay. I seen the same guy sell a set for $800.00. I think it is the way to go. Everything you need is right there and all just plugs in. Well worth it.
I did the install of monitors in the headrest of my old Avalanche. I thought they turned out awsome at the time, but theycan not compare to these at all.

My tires are 305-40-22's They rub a little on the inner plastic fender well when I turn fast and hit a bump or dip at the same time. I can trim it so it does not do that, I just have not done that yet.

The kit I used was the McGaughys 2" fron and 3" rear. Spindles in front ( I think easier to install then the front springs) and springs in the rear.

Just a note, sometimes if I dont have it, I want it. Sometimes when I get it I dont like it anymore (like the chrome door handles) Oh well I hope this information helps.
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

Just a note, sometimes if I dont have it, I want it. Sometimes when I get it I dont like it anymore (like the chrome door handles) Oh well I hope this information helps.
I have this same issue!

Anyways, thanks for the information and pictures. Your ride looks good either way you go on the handles!

Quick Reply: Headrest DVD, but dont like the chrome door handles