Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help! 1995 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2007, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 1995 Tahoe

Looking for help for the following question.

"radio will not work even with the key on and the fuse is fine. also if battery is left hooked up overnight, wont start but, if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it it starts fine."
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Questio...3165-View.html

I've been looking for an answer forever but I can't find a thing. Anybody have any idea. I though there was a drain on the battery but disconnecting and then reconnecting the battery wouldn't solve that problem. Help!

Thanks in advance,
lightGear
Old March 20th, 2007, 4:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help! 1995 Tahoe

You have a drain on your battery otherwise it wouldn't die if left connected overnight.
Since the radio is acting up I would start there and see what happens if you were to replace it.

Also, you haven't said if any after market electronic accessories have been installed on your vehicle.

If you are really stumped it may be worth the money to have a dealer perform a Battery Electrical Drain/Parasitic Load Test, at the same time any suspected component can be unplugged or isolated to narrow down the culprit.

I have seen faulty PCM's, Alternators, Radios, (you name it) cause this sort of thing.
Old March 20th, 2007, 6:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help! 1995 Tahoe

Are you saying the battery acts dead and then when you disconnect and reconnect it is fine?

I had a 99 Suburban with this type of issue. Would crank (not a battery issue) would not start. Disconnect positive or negative for a few seconds and reconnect, would start right up. Radio only worked occassionally and only for a few seconds at normal to load conditions. Ended up being a ground issue. There are several main ground points behind the dashboard.

If your battery is dead in the morning, ZX is correct. You have to find the drain.

Electrical issues are very difficult to isolate. Could be expensive if you cant troubleshoot yourself.