Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help with 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2019, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 4l60e

Ok so here's what I've done. I got a transmission from a guy that said he bought it from a transmissions (have confirmed with the company) when he was broke down in Virginia he bought it online for them and had it shipped but he got impatient as he was on his way to see family in NY so he got a junk yard trans and had a shop put it in so he went to NY on his way back picked the trans up from a shop in Virginia and came come the company wanted too much to return the trans so I got it for a good price now my issue is he got it for a 98 astro I have an 03 Tahoe so I had to change the bell housing and I bought a new torque converter for a 98 astro from advance Auto parts and a new neutral saftey switch well because the old one was busted up so I finally get it installed fill it with fluid and it does absolutely nothing I have the rear end jacked up on stands with no tires so there's no load but it doesn't move the drive shaft at all not even a little no whining noises no grinding and no movements from any gear I thought well maybe the pump fail for some ungodly reason so I pulled a coolant line and it's definitely pushing fluid what the hell could it be I'm stumped and need help
Old November 25th, 2019, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

I also found this small clip in the pan of the new trans when I dropped the pan thinking the shift arm came off internally which was not the case
Old January 1st, 2020, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Offhand, did you bolt the torque converter to the flex plate? No bolts would lead to the transmission doing "absolutely nothing", and, yes, it happens.. I did it once.
Old January 4th, 2020, 3:22 AM
CF Beginner

I think that dodad is the lower part of a broken case vent fitting. The upper part is probably inside the top vent rubber tube.