Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: What the best SUV
Tahoe
100.00%
Yukon
0%
TB
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

help: Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum luded1
What has the dealer told you about your door locks? If your current dealer is not giving good customer service you may want to try another dealership...
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was told my truck is out of warranty, so its my problem
Old July 31st, 2010, 2:00 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Do the locks work w/ the door mounted buttons? If it's just the remote that's not working them, then it might be a module down by the parking brake. Sorry you got a bad dealer that won't even help diagnosis the problem or give you some idea.
Old July 31st, 2010, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Do the locks work w/ the door mounted buttons? If it's just the remote that's not working them, then it might be a module down by the parking brake. Sorry you got a bad dealer that won't even help diagnosis the problem or give you some idea.
No, doors do not work with the remote or the door buttons. The front passenger side door works with both.
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

Here is an update for my 2008 Chevy Tahoe door lock issue.

I was contacted by Chevy Customer Service. I explained the issue and told them I knew of the multi complaints with Tahoes and other Chevy vehiciles with the door actuator issues. I explained that I used the Tahoe for business and did alot of traveling and was over the 36K warranty. I was told the first step in them taking care of this "KNOWN" problem was to take it to a dealer in my area for documentation from a Chevy Dealer. Truck was dropped off to them this morning. I just received a call telling me the problem would not be fixed because of my mileage???? What was the point of wasting my time if you knew you were going to reject this because of my milage?? And now I owe the dealer $100 dollars to tell me the issue is my door actuators!!!! And if I want them fixed its going to be $300 per door parts/labor WTF??? HORRIBLE.... HORRIBLE customer service!!!!! I will NEVER own another Chevy product again!!!

Last edited by luded1; August 6th, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old August 6th, 2010, 9:24 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

What was the second step that Chevy Customer Service said to do?
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
What was the second step that Chevy Customer Service said to do?
Well, the first step was for the Dealer to document the issue and verify that it was actually the door actuators that everyone is have problems with.... I was told by Customer Care Rep, that once this was recorded through the dealer, the second step would be for them to go ahead and fix it. So much for that.....
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

also, with heavy rain fills the doors with water and shorts out the actuator, i had water up to the door handle i removed the plug in the lower part of the door and drained about 5 gallons of water from each rear door.
Old August 20th, 2011, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Keyless remote suddenly has limited range

Hey folks,
I have an 06 Suburban LT w/ just over 100K on it. Last week the keyless remote(s) stopped working at any distance from the car. I can now only lock or unlock the doors when I am within 4 feet of the car.

Any spefic reason this might be doing this? I tried a new battery and even bought a new remote, but after "learning" the new & old remotes to the car, the limited range problem still exists.

Your thoughts?

Joe
Old August 20th, 2011, 2:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Possible the reciever antenna is out of whack. I don't know where it is located on your car.

Quick Reply: help: Door lock problem