Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2013, 1:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Caprice
You will learn quickly that the stupid Stabilitrak error message will come on for almost every issue you have regardless if it's related or not. Every issue I've ever had with my 2007 Burb that has been mechanic in nature has thrown this the Stabilitrak message. It means nothing essentially.
I bet the truck on the right is easier to fix.
Old July 16th, 2013, 1:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely the easiest to troubleshoot
Old July 16th, 2013, 1:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Definitely the easiest to troubleshoot
I've owned a 1975 Chevy C-10, a 1976 GMC C-35 and a 1984 K-10 short bed fleetside. They were much easier to work on, although they had their issues. The burb rides better and gets better gas mileage than all but the C-10 (it was a stripped 250 I6 with 3 on a tree), but it also costs a small fortune to fix anything out of warranty. The K-10 had a 700R4. Nothing more to say but that. All that said, if I got another truck, it would be a Ford F-150 or a Toyota. If it's a car, I'd get a Challenger RT.
Old July 16th, 2013, 1:36 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, I LOVE my '77. It'll eventually get passed on to my boys once I'm too old to drive it and/or wrench on it as I've put too much time, money and energy into getting it where it's at to let some other person drive away with it. It doesn't drive bad but drives like a truck should IMO I also love our Suburban and I haven't had that many problems with it (owned it for 3 years now) but that stabilitrak message is extremely annoying when it does pop up. I'll never own a Ford or Toyota truck or Dodge for that matter. All makes/models/era of truck has it's pros and cons. I'll always be a GM guy.
Old July 16th, 2013, 1:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, I LOVE my '77. It'll eventually get passed on to my boys once I'm too old to drive it and/or wrench on it as I've put too much time, money and energy into getting it where it's at to let some other person drive away with it. It doesn't drive bad but drives like a truck should IMO I also love our Suburban and I haven't had that many problems with it (owned it for 3 years now) but that stabilitrak message is extremely annoying when it does pop up. I'll never own a Ford or Toyota truck or Dodge for that matter. All makes/models/era of truck has it's pros and cons. I'll always be a GM guy.
I had been a GM person (I used to despise Ford and Dodge. Mopar don't go far and Found On the Road Dead) for the most part a lot of my life (the list is too long) and this was my first new one. Never again. It hurts enough that the government bailed them out once (Bankruptcy would have forced them to clean house and get rid of the dead wood) and then I bought a product with a known problem that should have a permanent remedy. It's like doubling down on stupid and it cured me of being a fan or loyalist of anything. Reputations are based on the past and don't necessarily represent the present or the future. AMHIK: I own a BMW motorcycle and have been using Apple products since 1987 (and BMWs aren't what they used to be neither are Macs)...If I had to have any loyalty with a car manufacturer, it's VW. I've owned a few and they seem to work out well reliability wise. If only they would import the Amarok...
Old July 16th, 2013, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

I just had the same problems. I also had a problem with the fuel pump not keeping the lines primed. I replaced the fuel pump and it fixed both problem.
Old July 16th, 2013, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

This is my first post on this forum. I have a 2007 Tahoe and I love my car! Today however it started running weird and it has me freaking out. Of course I just paid it off. Today my car started having the shakes when I would come to a stop. It felt as though it would stall. When I would accelerate, it was catching and would drive funny. My stabilatrak light came on and said service stabilatrak system. Any ideas?
Old July 16th, 2013, 8:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2007_Tahoe
This is my first post on this forum. I have a 2007 Tahoe and I love my car! Today however it started running weird and it has me freaking out. Of course I just paid it off. Today my car started having the shakes when I would come to a stop. It felt as though it would stall. When I would accelerate, it was catching and would drive funny. My stabilatrak light came on and said service stabilatrak system. Any ideas?
Go to Oreilly's or Autozone and have them scan the computer. It should give more information than the dash error. I swear GM made the computer go into that mode so people would take into the dealer...That said, I'd need more information to help.
Old July 17th, 2013, 8:50 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Ponch
Go to Oreilly's or Autozone and have them scan the computer. It should give more information than the dash error. I swear GM made the computer go into that mode so people would take into the dealer...That said, I'd need more information to help.
Exactly....It could be something very very minor and most likely is. I've had these exact same symptoms before and one time it was because my intake tube that connects to the throttle body fell off (I'd just put an aftermarket intake on it and apparently didn't tighten it down good enough). Just that simple issue threw into a tizzy and it barely drove. Pretty ridiculous. I'm with Ponch on this one, I'm convinced that this stabilitrak BS is thrown every single time an issue arises to get people to panic and take their stuff to the dealership. I wish there was a way to turn the stabilitrak system completely off so that it stops cluttering up issues that are unrelated. Like a couple of posters up with his fuel pump issue. His bad fuel pump was also throwing a Stabilitrak message. How silly is that??
Old July 18th, 2013, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking from experience, 99% chance the scanner is gonna indicate a misfire. This by itself not very helpful - many things can cause a misfire. Does the problem go away at all or is it all the time? Does your Tahoe have AFM? My problem was caused by one of the AFM lifters sticking open - causing no compression - hence the misfire. Dealer replaced all of the lifters on that side of the motor. Weeks later same problem returned, in the end they wound up changing the plugs - problem solved.

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control